Prospect Info: **New Top 10 Prospect List**

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I will do a list after the draft over.

But I can confirm that Ivan Demidov is 110% the #1.

Potential : Superstar winger, 80-90 pts at NHL level. Maybe more, he is that good. Yeah!

He is my #2 in my final ranking of 2024 draft and I rather have him than Matvei Michkov, they are both great russian prospect, but Demidov is more complete, better hands, better playmaking ability and better at defensive zone. Michkov is better at goalscoring. But I certainly see Demidov put 30-35 goals in NHL, with tons of assists.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Alright, now that the 1st round is over, what does your new Top 10 Prospect list look like?

This is mine

1- Demidov
2- Hutson
3- Reinbacher
4- Mailloux
5- Hage
6- Beck
7- Fowler
8- Engstrom
9- Xhekaj
10- Kapanen

Just outside- Mesar, Konyushkov

Graduated- Joshua Roy

My top 4 as well

Will be interesting to see if any of Kapanen, Back, Hage, and Engstrom can become top 6 forwards/top 4 D. But great role players would also be welcome.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Looks about right. This prospect pool was missing an offensive star. That is fixed with Demidov. Adding Hage who also has solid offensive potential rounds it off nicely.

A #1D is not a certainty either, but Hutson, Reinbacher and Guhle give us nice potential to fill the role, or do it by committee.

Future looks really bright.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Alright, now that the 1st round is over, what does your new Top 10 Prospect list look like?

This is mine

1- Demidov
2- Hutson
3- Reinbacher

4- Mailloux
5- Hage
6- Beck
7- Fowler
8- Engstrom
9- Xhekaj
10- Kapanen

Just outside- Mesar, Konyushkov

Graduated- Joshua Roy
I just don't understand how people could put Hutson above Reinbacher. We are talking about a 5th overall pick in the 2023 draft.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I just don't understand how people could put Hutson above Reinbacher. We are talking about a 5th overall pick in the 2023 draft.

I got a ton of shit when I ranked PK Subban over McDonagh while he was in the OHL still. People said how can you rank him over a guy picked 12th OA? I said go to hockeydb, look up any draft that's 10+ years old and then click on the points tab. Let me know how many times you see the top 10 picks end up 1 through 10 in production or impact and that's the highest success rate for NHL draft picks since after the top 21 it starts going very south quickly.

Where someone is picked means nothing. With prospects it's always about progress or the lack of, and that's often a lengthy process for any of the non McDavid's of the world, that often have highs and lows over time. How said prospect responds to said ups and downs can be extremely difficult to predict which makes most opinions, rankings, reports, etc.. nonsense since there are so many factors and variables involved that to really think most could really know what these 17, 18, 19 year olds will do in 5-10 years. Of course if you just say most will bust you will likely be right a good bit of the time.

Mesar was picked 26th OA, do you think GMs would rank him over Lane Huton who went 62nd OA?

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I got a ton of shit when I ranked PK Subban over McDonagh while he was in the OHL still. People said how can you rank him over a guy picked 12th OA? I said go to hockeydb, look up any draft that's 10+ years old and then click on the points tab. Let me know how many times you see the top 10 picks end up 1 through 10 in production or impact and that's the highest success rate for NHL draft picks since after the top 21 it starts going very south quickly.

Where someone is picked means nothing. With prospects it's always about progress or the lack of, and that's often a lengthy process for any of the non McDavid's of the world, that often have highs and lows over time. How said prospect responds to said ups and downs can be extremely difficult to predict which makes most opinions, rankings, reports, etc.. nonsense since there are so many factors and variables involved that to really think most could really know what these 17, 18, 19 year olds will do in 5-10 years. Of course if you just say most will bust you will likely be right a good bit of the time.

Mesar was picked 26th OA, do you think GMs would rank him over Lane Huton who went 62nd OA?
McDonough, arguably, ended up with a better career than PK. Loved PK, but losing McDonough was way worse for our team.

Reactions: Tyson and rahad

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
My Top 3 would be:

1. Demidov
2. Engstrom
3. Mailloux

Rest is too close to call, lots of quality prospects to round up the next bunch, Hutson, Reinbacher, Beck, Hage, Xhekaj, Konyushkov etc

I still see Engstrom as a potential future #1D in a way that the others are not.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal

We are still talking about a 5th overall vs a late second round pick. I could understand putting Hutson above Reinbacher in 2027-2028. Hutson has still done nothing major in the NHl to put him above Reinbacher (after only 1 season. )

It become much harder to predict pick from 20 to 60. How many player you had in the late first round in 2024 got drafted in the second-third round? Mesar could also have been drafted in the second round (if habs don't pick him).

If Hutson end up becoming better than Reinbacher it would be a huge steal. Still until we see how Reinbacher play in the NHl for 2 full seasons. I would still keep Reinbacher above Hutson.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Has Roy really graduated though? I’m not entirely sure he starts the year in the NHL. We had a lot of injuries last year.

Anyways, adding two elite offensive talents really strengthens this group. Exciting times ahead. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Habs are ranked #1 for prospect pool after this draft.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
OT: The 2025 draft could really make that Top 10 tight.

Seven picks, Top 3 Rds.

Discussions for next year’s draft here should be very interesting.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
We are still talking about a 5th overall vs a late second round pick. I could understand putting Hutson above Reinbacher in 2027-2028. Hutson has still done nothing major in the NHl to put him above Reinbacher (after only 1 season. )

It become much harder to predict pick from 20 to 60. How many player you had in the late first round in 2024 got drafted in the second-third round? Mesar could also have been drafted in the second round (if habs don't pick him).

If Hutson end up becoming better than Reinbacher it would be a huge steal. Still until we see how Reinbacher play in the NHl for 2 full seasons. I would still keep Reinbacher above Hutson.

again it means nothing. I'm sure Oilers fans after the 2012 draft were saying how Yakupov should be ranked as their best prospect, why not since he went 1st OA but in the end what did that mean, not much and that's with the most successful draft slot there is. Scouts make tons of mistakes every year for many reasons, GM's as well since some override when they shouldn't or don't when they should. It's why the draft is so hard to get right.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $32,249.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00