Pre-Game Talk: New thread ideas?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Don't know how much use for it with how easy it is to transfer tickets, but how about a ticket exchange thread? Like if someone can't use their tickets and would rather sell them to someone on the forum as opposed to a stranger.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
With the new season about to get under way, I'm about to refresh the forum so we can start the new year with fresh threads. But I've been thinking about it recently and wondering if there were any new thread ideas people might have because sometimes conversations tend to overlap in our Around the League and Roster Discussion threads and thinking it might be better to have more specific threads.

As an example, we talk about former players a lot like Faber, Vilardi etc, so I was thinking a thread discussing former players/prospects. Or maybe a thread specifically around Luc and Blake or the front office in general since we talk about them a lot as well.

Also if anyone has any ideas about improving the GDT's or any suggestions you can put that here as well.

DUMP the old threads!

Great idea to freshen it up.

Why talk about past players as we are about to enter rookie camp?

I have mentioned it before , as these guys go on and on, and on and on, and on ,on and on about Bluc.

Let's start with right where we are.

Rookie camp.

Who will the top performers be here and in the Rook tourney and who looks good as we go through these events?

I am very interested in the line combos with three obvious pairs: A. Kopi and A Kempe, Dault and Mo and hopefully QB and K Fi work out.

So what wingers do you want to try with these pairs?

And what wingers ends up with the pairs in regular season?

If I am Hiller , I try the biggest longshots with the pairs and quickly eliminate candidates unless there is some serious clicking.

What defensive pairs do you want to try and who ends up with who at start of regular season?

Thank you.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
A thread debating

Drafting/development/ deployment

At every draft, everyone can play in to see if the Kings made the right pick or not.

Done over the next few years, they can praise or bitch over how they’re being developed.

And then if they ever get the chance to be deployed, we can agree or bitch about their deployment.

Then will have all the evidence in the world we need to bitch slap people across the face when they use hindsight as an example, Yet throughout the thread, they agreed with everything the Kings did

Example. - the Turcotte pick was awesome
- so glad he came out of college. He has to play against men
- I see the Williams or Richards in him

- 7 concussions and injuries later

- the Kings were absolutely stupid when they made this pick. I can’t believe they developed him this way and set him up to fail.
He should’ve been left in college It was against it right from the start as there is better picks on the board. Blah blah blah

Quick thread check - nope you are lying - bitchslap.

I’m not saying this happened, just using this as a possible example

We all know everything the kings do is right

Reactions: AbsentMojo

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
How about a thread where we talk about our pets

5def6e90-9492-11ea-bde9-4ca352893ac3

b-shmooze-hitlercat-040111-1425711010.jpg
My fiancee and I just adopted a kitten yesterday, on that note.

Our other codependent cats have expressed disappointment.

Don't know how much use for it with how easy it is to transfer tickets, but how about a ticket exchange thread? Like if someone can't use their tickets and would rather sell them to someone on the forum as opposed to a stranger.
I think this is a great idea.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
We should have a separate rookie/training camp thread - devoid of the org criticism so keep it to what actually happens.

We then need a predictions thread and include a poll with several options. It’ll make things easier to go back to when we start arguing at the end of the season and each pretend we knew exactly what was going to happen :laugh:

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I look forward to the next "rain", "rein", "Rayne", etc. themed title for the 2024-25 Ontario Reign thread. I hope it's a good one.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
So we have to look at another stupid negativity headline that's another total comedy fail, on the thread for the whole season?

Haven't we been subjected to enough of this, all off-season long?

Isn't the start of the season a time for a little positivity?

I smell another burning piece of bread catching fire in the jammed toaster!

:thumbd:

• Haha
Reactions: BaileyFan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I'd be all for this one but it could have been one thread for the last 4-5 years and still only had like 100 posts

Hopefully that changes now!
We need a witty name. That's the key!

The 3 O' Clock High thread

Johnny Utah's scrap barn

You've got to bite for your right to party! The all intensive fightin' and bitin'thread
1726174406591.png

Not your momma's La Kings the 2024 fight thread

Bluc finally listened to Johhny Utah- The 2024-25 fight thread
1726174529946.png

Motel 6: We'll leave the fight on for you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Utah

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Once the regular season starts I think we will need the “Wewurr Rite Derr upto the Christmas party” thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad