Pre-Game Talk: New thread ideas?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
With the new season about to get under way, I'm about to refresh the forum so we can start the new year with fresh threads. But I've been thinking about it recently and wondering if there were any new thread ideas people might have because sometimes conversations tend to overlap in our Around the League and Roster Discussion threads and thinking it might be better to have more specific threads.

As an example, we talk about former players a lot like Faber, Vilardi etc, so I was thinking a thread discussing former players/prospects. Or maybe a thread specifically around Luc and Blake or the front office in general since we talk about them a lot as well.

Also if anyone has any ideas about improving the GDT's or any suggestions you can put that here as well.

Reactions: Steve Zissou

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Maybe have a development thread to discuss the specific development paths/decisions for the players. We discuss and argue about it frequently so having a separate thread might be good.

Keep the Reign thread, prospect and the general threads. A ‘former players’ thread is a good idea.

Is it possible to have a subsection for GDT’s, so they are grouped together?

Maybe split the ‘around the league’ into East/West?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
a thread about the 3 or 4 shit commercials on repeat the entire season.

Last year's were
- The IED found me before I found it and not I run marathons

1725567188337.png

- I challenged Victor to meet me halfway
1725567104073.png

And the commercial with Common about Black Americans and lung cancer and the tobacco industry
1725567289844.png

1725567610053.png

and a shoutout to the old classics:
Happy fun land
and "au chante" that's french

Last edited:

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
With the new season about to get under way, I'm about to refresh the forum so we can start the new year with fresh threads. But I've been thinking about it recently and wondering if there were any new thread ideas people might have because sometimes conversations tend to overlap in our Around the League and Roster Discussion threads and thinking it might be better to have more specific threads.

As an example, we talk about former players a lot like Faber, Vilardi etc, so I was thinking a thread discussing former players/prospects. Or maybe a thread specifically around Luc and Blake or the front office in general since we talk about them a lot as well.

Also if anyone has any ideas about improving the GDT's or any suggestions you can put that here as well.
For sure a BLuc thread.. Former players not a bad idea either.. and maybe a state tax thread moderated by @Brownie to Pancakes

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
a thread about the 3 or 4 shit commercials on repeat the entire season.
and a shoutout to the old classics:
Happy fun land
and "au chante" that's french

Those Obama-era DirecTV commercials were fun. My favorite:

On a "serious" note: how about a catch-all thread for bitching about discussing the media/business ops/marketing/in-arena aspects of the team?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lt Dan

KingsCrunch

Apr 25, 2016
So Cal
This thread is the reason more fans will never join here. It is like a bitch fest of why Oprah never delivered you a car for you and car for you everyone a car for you.

The amount of depressants you take as a group must be pretty impressive.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Please don't dump the old threads, the I told you so's are priceless.
We should have a ‘take thread’… were we can save predictions, bad takes etc. That way the stupid claims and predictions people make are easy to find. So for example my quote saying Lizotte should be dumped (after his first season). Thats the only one I’m prepared to admit to… don’t mention Cal Petersen….

• Haha
Reactions: tigermask48

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
This thread is the reason more fans will never join here. It is like a bitch fest of why Oprah never delivered you a car for you and car for you everyone a car for you.

Well done -- you literally described 95% of online fan boards. The remaining 5% that are not...well just give it 6-18 months and it'll move in that direction. If you are looking for 100% SpongeBob positivity, then it's pretty obvious the internet (or even fans in general) is not the place to find it. Sports fandom is mostly pain -- has always been and will remain so. That's reality.
If you want pretty unicorns and rainbows, i'm sure there's a soccer mom or book club group available nearby.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Well done -- you literally described 95% of online fan boards. The remaining 5% that are not...well just give it 6-18 months and it'll move in that direction. If you are looking for 100% SpongeBob positivity, then it's pretty obvious the internet (or even fans in general) is not the place to find it. Sports fandom is mostly pain -- has always been and will remain so. That's reality.
If you want pretty unicorns and rainbows, i'm sure there's a soccer mom or book club group available nearby.

Obligatory Schrute meme
1725640543129.png

and

rpx_syria-mic-drop.gif

Reactions: Schrute farms

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

acting like message boards haven't been a dead platform for the better part of a decade

Reactions: tigermask48

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Its not that deep and I expected there to be some attempts at humorous potential threads even though I would prefer some more serious takes.

So for the permanent threads we have:
General roster Discussion
Around the League
Reign
CHL/NCAA/ European prospects thread

Potential new threads:
Former Kings
General development
BLuc thread

I'll leave this open for a couple more days incase anyone has any other ideas

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad