Proposal: New third jersey

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I don't know how the trademarks would work, but I've often wished that once or twice a year we could rock them. Like do a retro nite against the Avs and rock the ole Whalers vs. Nordiques jerseys or something.

Goodafternoon

Feb 2, 2013
Boone
Our 3rd jerseys are pretty much our most popular ones. I wouldn't mind them becoming our main jerseys. They look pretty original, where as our current homes look unoriginal.

Revenge of the Sieve

In Ronnie We Trust
Oct 8, 2010
I read somewhere that the City of Hartford still actually owns the Whalers trademarks, and that is why the Canes haven't worn any throwbacks or anything like that.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
This has come up many times. Revenge is right, we don't have the rights to wear them and likely wouldn't be able to get them. It's pretty much a non-issue. Never gonna happen.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Speaking of the third jersey. shop.nhl.com has a promotion for an extra 40% off sale items right now. fanatics.com (the company behind the nhl and nfl stores) has the same promotion. If you go through fanatics you can stack another 20% off coupon and get free shipping. So you can get a Premier Jordan Staal 3rd for $59.99.

I had some fanatics rewards points so my total was less that $10 for the jersey. Not a big Jordan fan but couldn't pass up the deal :)

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
Rutherford was asked about doing something with the Whalers colors or logo once, and quite authoritatively said it would never happen. For one, it can't legally.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Push forward and avoid nostalgia at all costs. Our old home/away's were some of the league's most innovative designs. Ditching the warning flag hurt...but the current third jerseys keeping it alive.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
No thanks. That's like the jets wearing the thrashers jersey.. and how the whalers keft, i think it would be disrespectful

USNCANIAC

Jul 3, 2011
Moyock, NC
No. No No. No. Hartford had this team, they lost them, let it go. Like it was said above, I am pretty sure that Colorado is not going to have Quebec Nordiques third Jerseys. This team already gets no respect from around the league because it seems that all of the broadcasters have to at some point refer to this team as the former Hartford Whalers. Name another team that has to fight that stigma night in and night out. Is Phoenix referred to as the former Winniped Jets, Colorado as the former Quebec Nordiques? The answer is no. Hartford is a s**tpit. I lived in Connecticut (stationed there in the Navy) they are fair weather at everything. They hated the Navy until the base came up on the closure list and all of the sudden they love us and are our best buds. Connecticut can fall into the Long Island sound as far as I am concerned. They had a chance to keep the hockey team but they didn't. So back to the original point, a Hartford Whalers third jersey is a horrible idea and if it happened to occur would just add fuel to all the naysayers of this team.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It's amazing the simplistic view some people have on situations they clearly don't have a clue about.

Anyway, no it's over, stop with the Whaler nonsense. I liked it better when I saw someone with Whaler parafanalia I knew they were a fellow fan and not some hipster dufus who wouldn't know who Kevin Dineen was if he spit in their face.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
It's amazing the simplistic view some people have on situations they clearly don't have a clue about.

Anyway, no it's over, stop with the Whaler nonsense. I liked it better when I saw someone with Whaler parafanalia I knew they were a fellow fan and not some hipster dufus who wouldn't know who Kevin Dineen was if he spit in their face.

Well he was right about Hartford being a hole. He does get points from me for execution in so-called "traditional market" bashing, but deductions for style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad