New professional hockey league is launching in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
didn't a 3 on 3 league already fail? [edit: he went back and read past page 1 of the thread]
granted there wasn't Bonesaw money, but it still was pretty meh

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Also, I can't wait to spend an hour getting to an arena to watch AHLers and washed up bottom-sixers play a 24 minute game.

... with the main goal to "MAKE the SAUDI's LOOK GOOD" at all costs.

Marner would be great in the League and he could get the money he wants.

3 on 3 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Real three on three is great.
END to END action.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Saudi money behind an actual 5-on-5 league would be interesting.

Saudi money behind 3-on-3 hockey, something that most fans actively hate as a small part of the current game, is going absolutely nowhere. There is literally zero demand for this.
Can you show me the poll you took that showed "most fans?" Most people I have talked to love it. But I'm not delusional enough to assume that means anything about the millions of other fans.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
What if they did something really outside the box and had four teams at every "event." Meaning some combination of 4 teams traveling to the same cities on the same days and every game night was a double header. Idk if anything like that has been done, but it would make sense in a situation like this. Or with 3v3 having way less stoppages, make every night a mini tourney. 3 games.

Idk, they would have to do something weird, because I can't see anyone traveling more than a short walk for a 24 minute game. That's barely enough time for 3 beers.

This is basically what 3ice does. I went last year at Prudential and it was just alright, I only went because I got free tickets and I'd never have paid to go.

Reactions: TrufleShufle

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Sounds completely unrealistic, financially speaking. Especially with the locations chosen and how little marketing has been done up to this point if the actual plan is to start in 2024.

I want to say it seems half-baked, but I think that's being generous. Quarter-baked perhaps.

Reactions: Stanley Thermos

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
One thing people don't realize, especially if it was real competitive and they took it seriously. Not every goal would end the game on the spot. So the importance of possession would go down and more chances would get taken. It would end up being more like lacrosse style scoring.

Not that it matters if this ends up not happening now.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Don’t know anyone that likes his screaming schtik. Nails on a chalkboard.
The yelling is more of shtick than anything else but I agree that part of it's annoying.

Genuinely good person and much more measured on his podcast.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I can see if someone sponsored him to break the news. Or if someone threatened him with legal action. I guess I just have a hard time believing anyone would take that kind of report at face value without looking into it deeper. But of course that's probably the most realistic explanation :laugh:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This seems like it would be a great place for skilled players who wash out of the NHL to land. Ie Dal Colle, Yakupov types

Not that I'd watch it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad