Rumor: New President of Operations?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Is Foreman the guy we knew was leaving a couple of weeks ago or is someone else also leaving the front office?

Yeah, I think David is just looking for any news. Because obviously we're looking for a new President. Our last one left. And as you mentioned, Foreman already announced he was leaving weeks ago.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Crazy sentimental thought - time to mend the relationship with ronnie franchise and make him el presidente del canes. As long as the new role has no input on hockey personnel. It'll save him from being fired in seattle, too. (I assume that happens after this season barring an unexpectedly successful year.) Run that side of the org, be the face of the arena area re-make, then retire as a cane hero emeritus.

I can't decide if i actually want it, or if it just needs to be left alone. Not that it would ever realistically happen. But damn, it meant so much when he chose to sign in raleigh, and it would mean a lot if he and the org could put their shit behind them.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Crazy sentimental thought - time to mend the relationship with ronnie franchise and make him el presidente del canes. As long as the new role has no input on hockey personnel. It'll save him from being fired in seattle, too. (I assume that happens after this season barring an unexpectedly successful year.) Run that side of the org, be the face of the arena area re-make, then retire as a cane hero emeritus.

I can't decide if i actually want it, or if it just needs to be left alone. Not that it would ever realistically happen. But damn, it meant so much when he chose to sign in raleigh, and it would mean a lot if he and the org could put their shit behind them.
Not the right timing for it. Maybe if everything goes tits up in Seattle, but they aren't there, and I'm not sure they're close to wanting him gone.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

Team President is an actual job. With actual work. They have to run the business side of the Canes as well as take on much of the day to day management of the arena.

Is that work we think Francis would be good at? He's never done the business side before, at least as boss. In Seattle, it's Tod Leiweke, titled as CEO, when he was here, that was Waddell's job. Maybe he tackled some of that work in his AGM years, but I doubt it was more than just passing familiarization.

Country club ain't the way to go when it comes to managing a business. It's not a great way to run a hockey ops department either, but putting a former player there who gets the nuances of player performance and a locker room is much more understandable. For the business side, we need to have somebody who can run a business.

Last edited:

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Up until June of 2022 Larry Perkins was Vice President & Assistant General Manager in charge of the arena facility management and crowd management. He did that job for for over 15 years. Prior to that he had a similar position at the Meadowlands.

My point is that there are typically multiple senior positions focusing on various operational aspects of PNC. Add to this the responsibility to book and manage the various acts that perform/play at PNC. Of course there is also the whole responsibility of managing the operations of the team, and now the upcoming project development. That's the position that I believe we're talking about.

I believe Tom Embrey replaced Larry when he retired. I'm guessing he would report to a President/CEO. Now, that's probably Tom Dundon. Despite Dundon's hands on nature, I think he'd want to be insulated from some of these day to day operational issues.

Reactions: DaveG

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Up until June of 2022 Larry Perkins was Vice President & Assistant General Manager in charge of the arena facility management and crowd management. He did that job for for over 15 years. Prior to that he had a similar position at the Meadowlands.

My point is that there are typically multiple senior positions focusing on various operational aspects of PNC. Add to this the responsibility to book and manage the various acts that perform/play at PNC. Of course there is also the whole responsibility of managing the operations of the team, and now the upcoming project development. That's the position that I believe we're talking about.

I believe Tom Embrey replaced Larry when he retired. I'm guessing he would report to a President/CEO. Now, that's probably Tom Dundon. Despite Dundon's hands on nature, I think he'd want to be insulated from some of these day to day operational issues.
I think Tom Embrey replaced Dave Olsen, who was the long time Executive Vice President and GM of PNC Arena before he passed away in 2022.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Team President is an actual job. With actual work. They have to run the business side of the Canes as well as take on much of the day to day management of the arena.

Is that work we think Francis would be good at? He's never done the business side before, at least as boss In Seattle, it's Tod Leiweke, titled as CEO, when he was here, that was Waddell's job. Maybe he tackled some of that work in his AGM years, but I doubt it was more than just passing familiarization.

Country club ain't the way to go when it comes to managing a business. It's not a great way to run a hockey ops department either, but putting a former player there who gets the nuances of player performance and a locker room is much more understandable. For the business side, we need to have somebody who can run a business.
Thanks for the info, and i agree. I honestly thought rf was more involved in getting the kracken/climate pledge business side set up during the interval when he was gm prior to the team coming together.

Ignorance on my part which is funny because what you described is why i don't want justin williams put in that role.

Reactions: cptjeff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad