New NBCSN Scoreboard

MadFerIt95*

I notice NBCSN has switched the design on the scoreboard they use to tell you the score while watching the game and I am not a fan of the change as I believe the previous one to be superior. However I also liked the scoreboard they used like in this video better than both. What is everyone else's thoughts on the new scoreboard?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I think they did it so EA could make a 'change' to NHL 16

:laugh:

And with that awesome new change that'll allow them to take out some more game modes!

But yeah, I probably prefer the old one a little better, though I don't hate the new one.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Can someone post pictures of each of the scoreboards the OP is talking about?

This is the NBCSN scoreboard from 2012-2015. They unveiled the new one during the Winter Classic this year.
2014-10-22T01-05-08.3Z--1280x720.jpg

And this is the new one, took these pics from the Sharks-Wild game the other day.

vdrdtu.jpg

And here's what it looks like when a team scores a goal.

cywafm.jpg

FootKnight

This ****ing team
May 28, 2007
I like the new one, when I have another game on picture-in-picture the time isn't covered anymore. In fact, I wish Canadian broadcasts would move their scoreboard to the left also.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
I like the new one. Moving the scoreboard to the left and nbc-logo to the right was good idea.

tim_*

Wide scoreboards should be centered. It's not so much a problem with the NBC board as it doesn't take up that much space, but as you can imagine, the local CSN broadcasts that still use the wider scoreboard and shove ads next to it can be aesthetically displeasing and overall distracting. Ads get centered on your TV.

96vuR61.png

It's an attempt to match Fox NFL and MLB scoreboards, which get away with being in a corner by being far more compact and simplistic. The problem is they didn't bother actually altering the scoreboards. NBC/SN at least separated their logo from the board itself. Local CSN broadcasts literally just moved their scoreboard from the center to the left, which also eats up the corner with your logo, which would be a good spot for powerplays etc.

Overall it's laziness leading to poor design.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBlueReg

Dec 5, 2014
England
Wide scoreboards should be centered. It's not so much a problem with the NBC board as it doesn't take up that much space, but as you can imagine, the local CSN broadcasts that still use the wider scoreboard and shove ads next to it can be aesthetically displeasing and overall distracting. Ads get centered on your TV.

96vuR61.png

It's an attempt to match Fox NFL and MLB scoreboards, which get away with being in a corner by being far more compact and simplistic. The problem is they didn't bother actually altering the scoreboards. NBC/SN at least separated their logo from the board itself. Local CSN broadcasts literally just moved their scoreboard from the center to the left, which also eats up the corner with your logo, which would be a good spot for powerplays etc.

Overall it's laziness leading to poor design.

One of the things I dislike about Sportsnet producing HNIC is the new scoreboard. I really really liked the HNIC scoreboard.

Last season (I assume it was used from 11-12)
cbc.jpg

This season
image.jpg

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I really like the ESPN one for football. If it could be tweaked to work better with hockey (maybe top left corner of screen), I would love that.

new-espn-graphics-2015-college-football-scorebug-popup-info.png

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I don't think it really matters. I like the new one because the NBC logo is moved to the corner.

The old HNIC one was great. New one is meh. But I guess I'm not bugged by the changes in scoreboards as much as some.

FirewagonChange

Oct 8, 2014
I like the new one, its numbers are bigger. However, I don't like their new score ticker at the bottom of the screen.

FirewagonChange

Oct 8, 2014
I really like the ESPN one for football. If it could be tweaked to work better with hockey (maybe top left corner of screen), I would love that.

new-espn-graphics-2015-college-football-scorebug-popup-info.png

Not bad but it'd be better if the score was put where the logos are and the logos put where the score is. Its a bit cluttered the way it is now.

tim_*

One of the things I dislike about Sportsnet producing HNIC is the new scoreboard. I really really liked the HNIC scoreboard.

I'm personally okay with both options there. If it's in a corner it's not as wide, if it's wider, it's centered.

My personal preference would be in the corner and small, much like Fox Sports does for all their coverage including Hockey.

cDEZqfr.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad