Proposal: New Jersey - Montreal (Desharnais)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Montreal doesn't need to pay someone to dump him... very manageable 1 year left on his contract, and he can still play decent NHL hockey especially if he is in a more limited role. Don't listen to deranged Habs fans who act like this guy is just a big drag on the team, that's ridiculous.

The sooner the Hab fans around here realize that DD isn't being moved (and might even get extended), the better off we'll all be...

That way he can learn how to be a top-6 center while playing on the wings. Apparently to Michel Therrien and his supporters, that's how Galchenyuk became who he is today.

Michel Therrien is a NHL coach so he knows best! Put Zacha on the 3rd line wings! :sarcasm:

This might be one of the my favorite HFB posts ever. :)

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
DD's contract ends next summer. Our cap situation is fine as it is right now. We don't really have any better for the 3rd line center role at this point.

I don't have any issue with moving him for a 3rd rounder or whatnot, but I'm certainly not prepared to pay a premium in order to move him. That'd accomplish nothing for us.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
DD's contract ends next summer. Our cap situation is fine as it is right now. We don't really have any better for the 3rd line center role at this point.

I don't have any issue with moving him for a 3rd rounder or whatnot, but I'm certainly not prepared to pay a premium in order to move him. That'd accomplish nothing for us.

This

We're fine with him as a 3C or winger on the 3rd line. His role will diminish this year and we don't need to pay someone to take him, he has value and we're not in cap hell. Its 1 year, and players tend to perform better when its their contract year so we're good.

Only reason people want DD gone is because MT gave him way too much ice time/pp time, to the detriment of galchenyuk's development

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton

Pretty much this. The time to trade Desharnais for nothing was before they sold Eller or to make a play for free agents.

The damage of the Desharnais contract has basically been done.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
To New Jersey:
David Desharnais
2018 3rd round pick

To Montreal:
2017 4th round pick

I don't see why you'd give up an asset to get rid of him. DD isn't your problem. Playing him on the top
line is the problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad