Proposal: New Jersey - Montreal (Desharnais)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
If the Devils were to take on DD his contract, I would at least expect to see Josefson going to Montreal. In the other thread, I saw a trade proposed that I think I would do as a Devils fan
Scarlett + Josefson
For
DD + Juulsen

Jul 6, 2016
Why not - how long is his contract

Just one more season at 3,5 million.

As a 3rd line centre with some offensive instincts or spare 2nd line centrer in case of injury, he could be fine. In Montreal we have too many smallish players and too many centermen.

And he is a good buddy of DSP....

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
If the Devils were to take on DD his contract, I would at least expect to see Josefson going to Montreal. In the other thread, I saw a trade proposed that I think I would do as a Devils fan
Scarlett + Josefson
For
DD + Juulsen

Would Montreal do this?

I think New Jersey should do this.

I don't think we would. The downgrade of Juulsen to Scarlett isn't worth the Josefson/DD switch. I'd also prefer to get a LHD if we trade Juulsen.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
How about change Scarlett to Jon Merrill?

So it would be:
Juulsen + Desharnais
for
Merrill + Josefson

I'd think long and hard about it, but we would have to make some moves on the back end or send two of Barberio/Redmond/Pateryn down.

Also scared that trading Juulsen comes back biting us later on.

Group Chat Legend*

Just one more season at 3,5 million.

As a 3rd line centre with some offensive instincts or spare 2nd line centrer in case of injury, he could be fine. In Montreal we have too many smallish players and too many centermen.

And he is a good buddy of DSP....

Dont see why we dont do it then.

Let Zacha play 1RW with Hall-Henrique and have Bennett fight for a spot

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Tanking and spending as little as possible while doing it seems to be the goal of the Devils, adding DD is contrary to that.

DanteDevilsHockey

Jun 21, 2016
North Jersey
If this trade would happen DD would most likely slot in at 3C behind Henrique and Zajac. However, most Devils fans including myself have their heart set upon seeing our undisputed top prospect, Pavel Zacha, start the year at our 3C and potentially moving his way up fulfilling our expectation of elite or even top 6 status in the NHL. A player like DD would stunt the growth of the youth. Not interested at all.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal doesn't need to pay someone to dump him... very manageable 1 year left on his contract, and he can still play decent NHL hockey especially if he is in a more limited role. Don't listen to deranged Habs fans who act like this guy is just a big drag on the team, that's ridiculous.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
If this trade would happen DD would most likely slot in at 3C behind Henrique and Zajac. However, most Devils fans including myself have their heart set upon seeing our undisputed top prospect, Pavel Zacha, start the year at our 3C and potentially moving his way up fulfilling our expectation of elite or even top 6 status in the NHL. A player like DD would stunt the growth of the youth. Not interested at all.

That way he can learn how to be a top-6 center while playing on the wings. Apparently to Michel Therrien and his supporters, that's how Galchenyuk became who he is today.

Michel Therrien is a NHL coach so he knows best! Put Zacha on the 3rd line wings! :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad