Proposal: New Jersey - Dallas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
No one has ever said those things about kincaid or wedgewood. And if the comment was made it was a one off. That was never a popular opinion among Devils if even an opinion at all. Rediculous. The truth is blackwood is the best goalie prospect we have had since brodeur. I'd still trade him for nichushkin but there no need for the bs.

It's not BS, go back to before the Schneider trade. The belief that Wedgewood was going to backup Brodeur for a year and then be the full time starter and that was going to work out just fine was very real, and if it was coming from a minority, then that was an absurdly vocal minority. And over the past few years every time Kinkaid has a good game there are those that come out of the woods calling for Shero to cash in Schneider for value now. And it's not just a Devils thing, think of all the hot goalie prospects you've heard about over the years, all the guys that are the next big thing, how many of them actually end up being even average goalies?

You're preaching to the choir on what a good prospect Blackwood is, I'm one of the few that wasn't crying that the sky was falling when Shero took him instead of a forward in the 2nd round last year. But I've seen enough good goalie prospects fizzle to not lock him up as a stud. I see far too much confidence in prospects in general on this site.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
It's not BS, go back to before the Schneider trade. The belief that Wedgewood was going to backup Brodeur for a year and then be the full time starter and that was going to work out just fine was very real, and if it was coming from a minority, then that was an absurdly vocal minority. And over the past few years every time Kinkaid has a good game there are those that come out of the woods calling for Shero to cash in Schneider for value now. And it's not just a Devils thing, think of all the hot goalie prospects you've heard about over the years, all the guys that are the next big thing, how many of them actually end up being even average goalies?

You're preaching to the choir on what a good prospect Blackwood is, I'm one of the few that wasn't crying that the sky was falling when Shero took him instead of a forward in the 2nd round last year. But I've seen enough good goalie prospects fizzle to not lock him up as a stud. I see far too much confidence in prospects in general on this site.

You said wedgewood was gonna take over for brodeur 2 years ago. We had Schneider 2 years ago. And j went through that' thread i dont see any rational or respected poster saying Anything about Schneider not being our starter, we knew what we had in Schneider. No sane person thought Kincaid was gonna overtake or expendable Schneider a goalie the entire league knew would be elite. Kincaid then passed over Wedgwood on the depth chart but now it looks like Wedgwood' jumped kincaid from his great play in the nhl and ahl, so in the end Wedgwood will be the back up but for Schneider instead. Wedgwood is a damn good prospect and so is blackwood both are better than Kincaid and I still think Kincaid is a back up nhl goalie not an ahl goalie. We might have the best goalie prospects in the league but this site will never give us that credit.

Last edited:

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Nuke was in the draft when we got Schneids (2013), not the Matteau draft (2012).

He was sitting there at #9 at The Rock in '13 when our turn came up to pick that year. He ended up going at #10. I think we did better so no reason for obsession. He would be nice but looking back Lou did good;)

Ok, thanks. Some are still obsessed.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Nichushkin For Boucher + 2nd round pick

Both could use change in scenery

Why could Boucher use a change of scenery?

He progressed nicely last year - put up nearly a PPG in 34 games in the AHL (plus another 11 in the playoffs), and nearly 1/2 a PPG at the NHL level.

For a 22 year old (last season) former 4th round pick, he had a nice season and projects to be in the Devils top 9 to start this season. He's doing just fine in NJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad