Proposal: New Jersey - Columbus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
At the moment, the cost to move Clarkson would do Columbus more damage than good.

It's better to just hold onto him and eat the cap than give up someone super valuable like Jenner just to move him.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Jenner would never move to move Clarkson. Probably one of the most untouchable players on CBJ behind Murray and Jones.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
not a bad offer. clarkson has the 2nd worst contract in the league.
more term than bolland who just cost crouse to dump.

clumbus gonna have to give up something real nice to rid themselves of clarkson.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
not a bad offer. clarkson has the 2nd worst contract in the league.
more term than bolland who just cost crouse to dump.

clumbus gonna have to give up something real nice to rid themselves of clarkson.

Or just keep him.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Jenner would never move to move Clarkson.

While this might be true, keep in mind that Hawks fans would have sworn up and down that Teravainen would never move to move Bickell... until it happened. In a lesser example, Crouse and Bolland. Cap crunch situations and the pending expansion draft have a tendency to make the unfathomable possible.

Am I right to say that his NMC is still in effect, so even if you can LTIR him in perpetuity to avoid the cap problem in-season, not moving him does mean one less (relevant) player protected in the expansion draft next summer?

(this assumes he would waive to move - perhaps to specific locations only - but not to expansion.)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
While this might be true, keep in mind that Hawks fans would have sworn up and down that Teravainen would never move to move Bickell... until it happened. In a lesser example, Crouse and Bolland. Cap crunch situations and the pending expansion draft have a tendency to make the unfathomable possible.

Am I right to say that his NMC is still in effect, so even if you can LTIR him in perpetuity to avoid the cap problem in-season, not moving him does mean one less (relevant) player protected in the expansion draft next summer?

(this assumes he would waive to move - perhaps to specific locations only - but not to expansion.)

Boone Jenner also has a 30 goal season under his belt. They wouldnt be similar situations at all

Group Chat Legend*

Boone Jenner also has a 30 goal season under his belt. They wouldnt be similar situations at all

Bickell's contract also has one year left.

They are perfectly comparable situations.

Enjoy having Clarkson - only way you get rid of him is by moving one of, if not your best, prospect/young player

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
No he isnt - some folks think LTIR is for anyone

He's had chronic back issues which kept him out most of last season. Similar to Nathan Horton.

If he spends this coming season on LTIR, he will be exempt from the expansion draft like Pronger.

Group Chat Legend*

Actually yes he is. He's been out with a back injury for months and as of last update still isn't feeling any better.

Dont worry bud, he will be back :laugh:

You have to be severely injured for LTIR. And Clarkson is not that

Group Chat Legend*

In fact, if Clarkson was placed on LTIR for 'back issues' (which has been reported once last year) I wouldnt doubt if the NHL didnt allow them to do that. Blatant attempt to hide cap and violate LTIR rules

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
In fact, if Clarkson was placed on LTIR for 'back issues' (which has been reported once last year) I wouldnt doubt if the NHL didnt allow them to do that. Blatant attempt to hide cap and violate LTIR rules

Man, you are so clueless. I've never seen so many :shakehead posts by one person on one page of a thread.

Group Chat Legend*

Man, you are so clueless. I've never seen so many :shakehead posts by one person on one page of a thread.

'So clueless' yet you folks think a 'back problem' gets you on LTIR longer than a few months :laugh:

Bryce Salvador being put on LTIR was a problem and the guy was never going to return. Yet folks think Clarkson easily hits LTIR for something that just came about last year and has had almost a year to recover from.

Get real - Columbus isnt getting off of his cap that easy

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
'So clueless' yet you folks think a 'back problem' gets you on LTIR longer than a few months :laugh:

Bryce Salvador being put on LTIR was a problem and the guy was never going to return. Yet folks think Clarkson easily hits LTIR for something that just came about last year and has had almost a year to recover from.

Get real - Columbus isnt getting off of his cap that easy

They're not "getting off of his cap."

If he can't play, then they put him on LTIR. I don't understand why you are making this a big deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad