Proposal: New Jersey - Colorado

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Justin Barron would have to be included.
c1e43661-382b-43c2-a007-26d563ee3e0b_text.gif

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
McLeod has carved out a role in NJ. Not that it would likely require a huge overpay but NJ probably wouldn't trade McLeod for something that isn't a clear upgrade for NJ. A 4C and a legit NHL wing prospect or RD prospect might make sense.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I’m ok trading McLeod whose perfect role is a 4c on a championship team and NJ is far away but that doesn’t make any sense for NJ. Has to be an offer NJ can’t refuse similar to the Coleman trade.
A championship contending team probably has no interest in him right now. He needs to actually show he is a good 4th line shutdown center aside from being good in to dot.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
A championship contending team probably has no interest in him right now. He needs to actually show he is a good 4th line shutdown center aside from being good in to dot.

Well he's playing PK and I can see a GM loving the FO ability and speed he brings, as well as his contract as a contender will be up against the cap. A GM might think the system NJ plays is why they give up so many great chances and McLoed's a good acquistion target.

I do think a few GMs will talk to Fitz at the deadline about him if the Devils are truly out of it, but I imagine most conversations will be about draft picks / prospects and Fitz would shut them down immediately.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Well he's playing PK and I can see a GM loving the FO ability and speed he brings, as well as his contract as a contender will be up against the cap. A GM might think the system NJ plays is why they give up so many great chances and McLoed's a good acquistion target.

I do think a few GMs will talk to Fitz at the deadline about him if the Devils are truly out of it, but I imagine most conversations will be about draft picks / prospects and Fitz would shut them down immediately.
It's not worth moving him for a mid round pick. The guy has 1 goal this season and it was an empty netter. He isn't a big loss if we move him but we are better off keeping him. We don't have any centers coming up to replace him. Hopefully that is addressed in the draft this summer.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
It's not worth moving him for a mid round pick. The guy has 1 goal this season and it was an empty netter. He isn't a big loss if we move him but we are better off keeping him. We don't have any centers coming up to replace him. Hopefully that is addressed in the draft this summer.

I agree, and I also agree that he needs to get his goal scoring up, if it's that anemic at the deadline he'll have no market regardless.

justHypnos

May 4, 2011
Montreal
McLeod is very bad with the puck but he is the only player the Devils have who belongs on a bottom 6 along with a couple of waiver claims and Wood who isn't playing this year. So he has some value to NJ.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
McLeod is very bad with the puck but he is the only player the Devils have who belongs on a bottom 6 along with a couple of waiver claims and Wood who isn't playing this year. So he has some value to NJ.

I'd say that the problem is that we have too many players meant for the bottom 6 and not enough truly top tier guys (not that this trade fixes that, of course)

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
McLeod has carved out a role in NJ. Not that it would likely require a huge overpay but NJ probably wouldn't trade McLeod for something that isn't a clear upgrade for NJ. A 4C and a legit NHL wing prospect or RD prospect might make sense.
There's asking for an overpay and there asking Mukhamadullin for Jost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad