New Head Coach search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I would argue you don’t stay up at night game planning for Aho like you do for a healthy Jack. I would put Aho more in the Bratt category.
To be honest i think even Bratt is a step above Aho. Part of Aho’s production is a de facto result of him being the best center on the team. Someone’s gotta get the points, and if you give a guy 1C ice time and 1st PP time, he’s gonna score, like Granlund going from a 40 point pace to a 70 point pace with San Jose.

Ideally i think Aho’s more like Hischier where he should only be your best center if you have multiple all star level wingers around him (kinda like Toews? maybe that’s a bad comparison). Luckily the Devils kinda have that AND a Jack Hughes.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Aho is a great player the way that Elias, Kopitar or O’Reilly is. Detail oriented and can set things up and change the flow of the game.

But I think we’re talking about Jack (and maybe Luke down the line) and gamebreaking in that Kane, Kucherov, Malkin, Makar sort of way. Rod hasn’t had that before.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I’m convinced that NHL refs just kinda like some teams more than others, and the Rangers are one of them.

I don't think the NHL has stooped to NBA levels of involvement. The league 100% picks ref teams that favor the Rangers. The Rangers/Devils series was getting the ref teams with the highest penalty call rate. Same thing this year.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I feel like if they were going to fire Sully for Keefe, it would have happened already.

Maybe you wait to see if Rod gets canned, but what's currently available is probably what we are choosing from
I think Sullivan would have been fired by now since Keefe is taking interviews

I’m good with

Keene or woodcroft

If Sullivan and rod become avaible that’s ideal but can’t wait to much longer after Carolina gets bounced

The leverage that rod has and other teams once they are eliminated he’s free to speak with anyone since his contract is expired

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Maybe you wait for Rod or Sullivan but I don't think time is playing to our advantage. Why wait for 'better' options when Keefe is right here for the hiring. The more we wait the more we have to settle for a B plus or C player.

Just go for the sure thing.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
The more I think about it, the more I think keefe would be perfect for what we have and timeline wise

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
The more I think about it, the more I think keefe would be perfect for what we have and timeline wise
I'm feeling it too in regards to Keefe. Wanted Sullivan for quite some time, but I feel a shift coming now that Keefe is available. I wanted a guy with a title, but what I think is best for the organization is someone with a top system. I'd like to see a ranking of these coaches by system. Guessing Keefe would be way up there.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Maybe you wait for Rod or Sullivan but I don't think time is playing to our advantage. Why wait for 'better' options when Keefe is right here for the hiring. The more we wait the more we have to settle for a B plus or C player.

Just go for the sure thing.
Lucky for us by all accounts we're the ones holding up the market, granted we can't do that forever but a lot of teams can't do much until we decide who we're going with. Feels good to be a top 2-3 destination this summer for coaches

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
At least part of the reason coaches want to come here, like it or not, is that Fitz never threw Lindy or Greene under the bus in public.
Completely agree. Lindy was given a really long leash to turn everything around and every fired coach could look at the Devils and wish they had something similar from their previous team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad