New Head Coach search

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I'm starting to warm up to this actually, whether you're serious or not, you may end up getting stuck with the job.

1. Lots of oldschool references that will elide confusion and joy amongst the players
2. Tenacity of a lawyer frustrated by marriage to a better, nastier divorce lawyer taking it out on the team when they are lazy, careless
3. Lots of input from message forum friends
4. Focus on sociopathy as part of a complete breakfast
5. [redacted]
6. Gets you out of the house, likely hanging with the boys, getting to know them on a level that Green can't
7. Can hire for hockey knowledge and be the Ted Lasso, since you've watched it, so you know how to do it.

If not you, then we should back up the Brinks Truck to 5108 Bella Ridge Drive in Raleigh and dump cash on Rod and Amy's driveway. We're not Seattle - we're also red like Carolina, we're also stacked with talent like Carolina, we could be a contender as soon as next year like Carolina.
I joke about my wife but we are married 30 years this month. As divorce lawyers go she's amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better partner and best friend. Beyond that, you left out the other reason I would make a good NHL coach. I can smell the dubmassery and I'm not stubborn or beholden to any one theory or system or method. Somebody has to tell the emperor he has not clothes. I don't care if they can me after the first season. What makes sense we'd run with and what's idiotic we'd jettison. If a player has an issue it's discussed. If he needs work on something we get him a technically skilled position coach to work with the player. If we need to adapt the system we work on it as a team and players have input. Good example is someone like Smith or MacDermid. If the players really want that sort of guy on the team, that's fine. He can sit in the press box most nights and when he does play it's as a fourth line wing. The damage from that player is limited that way. If it's Smith then he can always PK even if his five on five role is a fourth line left wing. Again, this isn't complicated. Find what works and don't shoot yourself in the foot. If Timo wants to play RW, let him play right wing. Who cares if he's a lefty. If it works it works. Sit down with Jack, work with him on how to pick his spots and how to play defense as a smaller finesse player. Find a good position coach to work with him on those details. You are talking about a kid who let himself be filmed working on his one timers and looking awful. No way he doesn't want to work on his all around game.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The only one I think he's probably taking is Chris Taylor.

But I don't know what kind of relationship he has with the other guys there. Maybe he does take McGill?

I don't think he's taking Green (despite adding to the nothing but nice comments everyone has for him), Rogalski or Sarge though.

McGill is a wild card for me. He wasn't a Lindy hire, but it's possible they developed enough of a rapport in the almost 2 years that Lindy will want him for Buffalo.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Top coaches possibly becoming available is why it was so important for Buffalo to immediately lock-up a different top coach in Ruff.
They locked up Ruff so fast like they were worried every other team was going to be after him.

I don't know if anyone else picked this up on 32 Thoughts... Marek said if Sullivan remains in Pittsburgh we are likely going to see the "mother of all tampering investigations"

He HAS to be talking about us right?

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
They locked up Ruff so fast like they were worried every other team was going to be after him.

I don't know if anyone else picked this up on 32 Thoughts... Marek said if Sullivan remains in Pittsburgh we are likely going to see the "mother of all tampering investigations"

He HAS to be talking about us right?

Why would there be a tampering investigation if Sullivan remains in Pitt?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Because I think he's implying that there's conversations going on... Fitz maybe talking to Sullivan... or the Devils putting it out there in a sneaky way that they want him.
So there won't be tampering investigation's if he leaves Pittsburgh? Only if he stays? I figured it would be the other way around? And if he stays, nobody really cares. But if he goes, then the tampering investigations happen?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
So there won't be tampering investigation's if he leaves Pittsburgh? Only if he stays? I figured it would be the other way around? And if he stays, nobody really cares. But if he goes, then the tampering investigations happen?
Just saying exactly what Marek said... I think either way it implies the Devils are doing some good ol fashioned tampering lol

Reactions: Bleedred

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Lindy is 100% gonna take Chris Taylor, not sure what happens with the other assistants. McGill had a pretty damn good 22-23 with the defense but some of his choices this year left a lot to be desired. Would not care one iota about Lindy taking any of the assistants to Buffalo, might even get flamed for it but if Sarge wants to latch on there I wouldn't hold it against him

Reactions: Bleedred

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Just saying exactly what Marek said... I think either way it implies the Devils are doing some good ol fashioned tampering lol
I played golf once with an NFL GM. During the round he took at least three calls from agents trying to drum up offers for their clients who were entering the last year of their deals. He had to tell every one of them in a roundabout way he'd be interested if the player actually hit free agency. He admitted to me that plenty of tampering goes on and it's mostly the agents who instigate it.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad