New Head Coach search

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Tweet from Reinitz suggests if Sullivan is not available, then Green is the top choice. From a Garrioch article.
Idc what people say. There's just 0 chance they run it back with Green or Fitz gets fired this year as soon as stuff gets bad. Even if all the top coaching candidates are gone, there's a million other options that are better going to be available.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Idc what people say. There's just 0 chance they run it back with Green or Fitz gets fired this year as soon as stuff gets bad. Even if all the top coaching candidates are gone, there's a million other options that are better going to be available.

I've heard similar stuff from some insiders about Green potentially being a long term fit there given his maeable approach to the analytics crowd.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've heard similar stuff from some insiders about Green potentially being a long term fit there given his maeable approach to the analytics crowd.
Which is weird, considering the analytics of Green coached NHL teams are a bunch of f***in shit.

I don't know what kind of (FAKE) analytics would indicate Green is any good, but I've heard people connect him with analytics and seen it posted on here before.

Maybe there's positives about having a -15 shot differential in 3rd periods or 10 shots over the first 2 periods of a game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If the Devils hire Travis Green I'll join the "Letting Brunette walk set this franchise back 3+ years" contingent.
Not only that

I'll join the ''Tom Fitzgerald is NOT a good general manager, we were all fooled and he needs to be f***ing fired right in the center of Newark and chanted for his firing on opening night like Lindy was 2 years ago'' contingent. Better yet, I'll start that club myself.

Letting Brunette walk shouldn't really set the franchise back, but letting Travis Green become the permanent head coach WILL set the franchise back.

Again, we kept hearing that Nas was a ''Serious candidate'' even from Fitz himself during that 2020 offseason, until Ruff was confirmed head coach.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Tweet from Reinitz suggests if Sullivan is not available, then Green is the top choice. From a Garrioch article.
The Garrioch article does not say that. It only says the Devils have granted Green permission to interview for other jobs and if the Devils hires Sullivan, Green would be out of a job.

IMG_1985.jpeg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Put it this way

Making Travis Green the head coach would be the worst head coaching move in the history of the organization.

YES, John MacLean was a WORSE head coach than Travis Green (WTF isn't?), but we know a lot more of how bad Travis Green is as an NHL head coach right now than we knew about John MacLean as an NHL head coach at the time he was hired, which was nothing. Just what he was as an assistant (he was bad) and as AHL head coach the year before (they did meh, but the roster was not good, not much talent) and so there wasn't much to go on. I knew he was BAD, I didn't think it would end up being good at all, but I'm not gonna say I knew it would be THAT bad.

We KNOW Green is bad. He was bad in Vancouver and he was BADDDDDD here.

I would have much preferred running it back with Lindy if that were the alternative.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Fitz has said he'd like this done before the draft. Hopefully it does, cause I can't take the wait lol. I'm pretty sure Fitz is going outside the org with this.

Reactions: Guadana

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
I love how Green is being interviewed/encouraged to interview outside the org and people are still worried he has any shot of being the HC.

Yea, if he was their “guy” if Sullivan is unavailable they would not only allow but encourage him to interview with another team.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Yeah we were worser from analytics points of view in the same time when goalies started to be useful. And players started to look more healthy. Green can't survive this no matter how we look at it. Fitz was polite. That's all.
Have to be polite, always. Serious sports franchises always treat people with respect no matter what. If you drag your employees publicly then you won’t have many good people wanting to work for you.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Have to be polite, always. Serious sports franchises always treat people with respect no matter what. If you drag your employees publicly then you won’t have many good people wanting to work for you.
Agree. And he always was polite. I don't know what was going on in Holtz case. May be the player isn't great in person or doesn't take feedback professionally or some other aspect on the communication level was the reason why Fitz crossed the border in his case.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Devils got utterly boat raced in most of Green's games this year after he took over, I highly doubt they hire him or they're just doing lip service so he latches on elsewhere. The Travis Green hire would literally cost this core years off contending similar to latching on to Lindy for as many as years as Fitz did.
The most pathetic part about the brief Travis Green interim coach era was we won/got points at a similar clip over those 21 games as the 21-22 team did.

Only we actually had above average goaltending (.909%) under Green to the .890% goaltending of the 21-22 team that featured Jon Gillies putting up an .885% on an expected .905%.

We were arguably worse under Green than we were in the Hynes/Nasreddine season of 19-20, only with considerably better talent/better roster and more mature, better versions of Jack, Nico and Bratt.

The worst we’ve seen the team in the Fitz era (non-interim) and probably analytically were the 21 games under Green.

Which is why I don’t understand why he’s associated at all with analytics. He’s a textbook example of how you don’t wanna play.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I’m not random.

I'm starting to warm up to this actually, whether you're serious or not, you may end up getting stuck with the job.

1. Lots of oldschool references that will elide confusion and joy amongst the players
2. Tenacity of a lawyer frustrated by marriage to a better, nastier divorce lawyer taking it out on the team when they are lazy, careless
3. Lots of input from message forum friends
4. Focus on sociopathy as part of a complete breakfast
5. [redacted]
6. Gets you out of the house, likely hanging with the boys, getting to know them on a level that Green can't
7. Can hire for hockey knowledge and be the Ted Lasso, since you've watched it, so you know how to do it.

If not you, then we should back up the Brinks Truck to 5108 Bella Ridge Drive in Raleigh and dump cash on Rod and Amy's driveway. We're not Seattle - we're also red like Carolina, we're also stacked with talent like Carolina, we could be a contender as soon as next year like Carolina.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $3,470.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: