New Head Coach search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Also we apparently did not interview Bruce last week
Makes me think the Devils have had a small list of serious contenders from basically the beginning and it’s only been waiting on some guys to be fired that has extended the process.

Also makes me think Keefe may be the first choice if they waited for the fired coaches to becomes available and then the process stayed in motion after initial contact. If Keefe wasn’t top then I don’t know why the Devils wouldn’t have quickly moved on one of the original interviewees.

Reactions: My3Sons

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Or not

“The Devils interviewed San Jose Sharks assistant coach Ryan Warsofsky for their vacant head coach position, NHL sources told NJ Advance Media Wednesday.

New Jersey has been tight-lipped about their coaching search, so it’s unclear if the 36-year-old is among finalists like Sheldon Keefe, Jay Woodcroft or others.”

———————-

If I had to guess, this interview was more about goodwill and helping Warsofsky get interview reps to help him with future interviews.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
You all thought I was joking about my interview with Fitz. Novo gets it
IMG_3308.png

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Jokes on us. After spending weeks looking for a new coach Fitz has decided that..

He, himself, is the best fit to coach the Devils. Let’s give a big round of applause. After stepping behind the bench for a couple weeks back 2019, he decided he was destined for more.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Or not

“The Devils interviewed San Jose Sharks assistant coach Ryan Warsofsky for their vacant head coach position, NHL sources told NJ Advance Media Wednesday.

New Jersey has been tight-lipped about their coaching search, so it’s unclear if the 36-year-old is among finalists like Sheldon Keefe, Jay Woodcroft or others.”

———————-

If I had to guess, this interview was more about goodwill and helping Warsofsky get interview reps to help him with future interviews.
They were literally my candidates.

I like Warsofsky a lot as a concept, but the problem is his SJ team was very bad defensively.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Or not

———————-

Because the Sharks were so good this past year :sarcasm:

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
starting to be comical they still haven't "decided" on the coach. i get you want to make sure you do your homework and make sure you get it right but by now you have to wonder if there are more then just fitz voicing their opinion on things and dragging this out which wouldn't be good

Reactions: BurntToast

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Talent wise he'll have a defense better than he ever had in Toronto ( still some maturing to do ) and if Tom does his job this summer, a better goalie than he ever had in Tor. Excited to see how this can potentially go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad