Speculation: New GM/Management group?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I figured it all out statistically, year to year with % of teams who make the playoffs.

The Sabres' streak already at 13 years is much less likely (AKA worse) than the Bills' 17-year drought.

If the Sabres do not make the playoffs this season, it would be a .0016% chance of happening. Currently at .003%. Three thousanths of a percent chance.

The Bills drought topped out at .03%
What are the odds of getting to 17 years in the NHL and where can I place a bet on it?

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
They need someone that had experience e.g. proven managment. Feel sad for Ruff, really likes him as he is Buffalo for me. But change that awful GM they have showed this dosent work. These 2-3 loses now is just stuff they should have been able to prevent

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON
What are the odds of getting to 17 years in the NHL and where can I place a bet on it?

Well, right now that there is an even 16 of 32 teams who make it, it halves every year.

So .0016% for 14, .0008% for 15, .0004% for 16 and .0002%% for 17. 2 ten thousanths of a percent that's a clean 1 in 500,000 chance, looking at them from the fall of 2011

Basically all the worst parts of the bible

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Lbh, if we arent in the playoffs by the 36th franchise then im fine with being Zona’d/Quebec’d/Hartford’d. im almost ready for the organization to be moved. Wouldn’t mind if we were one of the expansion teams
Buffalo will never get an expansion franchise. We either keep the one we got or go without. The market, though once passionate, is simply too small. I only raise my point in light of the angst that something went wrong. That assessment is only accurate from a consumer's perspective

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Was it Florida that did an entire organization rebuild a few years ago? Like they interviewed for new equipment managers and such? I remember some kind of article like that being posted on the main board and people saying how ruthless it was, but they said they needed to re-evaluate EVERYONE top to bottom. That’s what this organization needs.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Remove some of the kids and add more veterans who know how to win and watch everything change. Unfortunately this current GM won't do that and he's going to fail again trying to teach a bunch of kids how to win who have never won to begin with.

We look at Thompson, Dahlin, Cozens as now the veterans but they themselves never figured out how to win so we have the inept passing on knowledge they know nothing about down.

I'm sorry to those who think ownership is going to change things, the first thing to do is NOT be the youngest team in the NHL. You need more than one or two veterans trying to show an entire team of kids how to be professional and win.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Remove some of the kids and add more veterans who know how to win and watch everything change. Unfortunately this current GM won't do that and he's going to fail again trying to teach a bunch of kids how to win who have never won to begin with.

We look at Thompson, Dahlin, Cozens as now the veterans but they themselves never figured out how to win so we have the inept passing on knowledge they know nothing about down.

I'm sorry to those who think ownership is going to change things, the first thing to do is NOT be the youngest team in the NHL. You need more than one or two veterans trying to show an entire team of kids how to be professional and win.
It's ironic that given Terry's well known religious affiliation that he is in need of a "Come To Jesus" moment.

The clown owner is why no veteran player wants to come here. He is THE problem.

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
Buffalo will never get an expansion franchise. We either keep the one we got or go without. The market, though once passionate, is simply too small. I only raise my point in light of the angst that something went wrong. That assessment is only accurate from a consumer's perspective
Except Buffalo is consistently at the top of TV ratings, the only thing that matters in modern sports.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
It's ironic that given Terry's well known religious affiliation that he is in need of a "Come To Jesus" moment.

The clown owner is why no veteran player wants to come here. He is THE problem.
You may be right or it could be the fact the Sabres never win. Maybe a mix of both and it puts us in a terrible position moving forward.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Except Buffalo is consistently at the top of TV ratings, the only thing that matters in modern sports.
They’re top of ratings per capita, but they’re probably middling when talking about the actually number of people that watch compared to other cities.

Buffalo isn’t a big city. That mean less potential growth in numbers.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Also think its on the players, they seem like loosers and lazy. No drive or being angry That they make this happen over and over again
You mean the players for 14 years and probably over 100 different players here?

You seem to be describing a culture

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

I agree completely. Adding an experienced top 4 RD and a top 6 forward could help the team, but you are right, we have a GM who does nothing.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
The owner prioritized wanting to be here over winning. He even said it and Kevyn Adams obliged.

What do you expect when you assemble players who want to be here over players who want to win.

Just wreaks of complacency. Not to mention Kevyn assembled a bunch of quitters but hey they want to be here so thats ok!

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
You mean the players for 14 years and probably over 100 different players here?

You seem to be describing a culture
Something needs to change, everything they do backfires, just hire proven winners That makes drastical changes. Dont like giving away big contract for players with 1 good year. They need to perform 3-4 years in a row. Tage , cozens all sucks now . Make a splash with some quality coming in

Reactions: toddkaz

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Something needs to change, everything they do backfires, just hire proven winners That makes drastical changes.
Yeah unfortunately Adams and Pegula decided to put wanting to be here about winning. They have even said it at press conferences.

I have even read that it comes up during trades. Its pathetic. No one wants to be here its a loser organization so why would anyone come here except losers?

You are right. They need to change the culture completely and hire people who put winning above all else.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

This is true, but I think having decent vets is more about their performance on the ice and moving guys like Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Benson, and even McLeod down (Krebs to the bench), and moving/trading Jokiharju and one of Byram/Power simply because their games don't fit. These young guys should be learning in down-graded roles still, not top-six while in over their heads. Not top-four with no defensively strong partners to save them from their repeated mistakes (that includes Dahlin). We might be saying the same thing, but either way I think it's more about young players being slotted into lesser roles until they get another couple years experience, as opposed to vets teaching them in practice or off-ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad