Reactions: Fjordy

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Sabres4.jpg

Sabres7.jpg

Garbage. Glad I got my adidas last year though my CCM Vintage white blue and gold jersey from 2003 still looks like new and better than anything I've gotten since.

If I feel the need for a new jersey for the next seven years then it's going to be DH Gate.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Do you have stock in Fanatics or something? Lazerus is getting absolutely ROASTED on The Athletic as he should for his glowing puff piece about the new jerseys and how much feedback they got from the teams and how much they care about quality and their awesome success rate. It's like Fanatics wrote the article themselves.

In the meantime, even if you just walked into the Sabres Store or any sporting goods store and looked at the Fanatics stuff you can see it's complete junk. There may not be one topic that all fans across all of sport agree on more than how horrible Fanatics is and how their complete monopoly on every league's merchandising and an almost complete monopoly on the cards industry is ruining sports. It's well known that after Fanatics buys a company (Majestic, Mitchell & Ness) the quality goes way down. They've also crowded out other quality brands like '47 Brand hats and merchandise which makes far superior gear - I think the '47 Brand hats are much better than New Era, and I know I'm supposed to think New Era are the best. The Fanatics hats the players wear look cheap even through the TV screen.

They have already said they plan on no changes to the Fanatics "Breakaway" jerseys which look and feel horrible Their new cheaper option is selling practice jerseys like this is some new innovation.

Next we'll be hearing about how awesome TicketMaster and LiveNation are for sports and music fans.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Do you have stock in Fanatics or something? Lazerus is getting absolutely ROASTED on The Athletic as he should for his glowing puff piece about the new jerseys and how much feedback they got from the teams and how much they care about quality and their awesome success rate. It's like Fanatics wrote the article themselves.

In the meantime, even if you just walked into the Sabres Store or any sporting goods store and looked at the Fanatics stuff you can see it's complete junk. There may not be one topic that all fans across all of sport agree on more than how horrible Fanatics is and how their complete monopoly on every league's merchandising and an almost complete monopoly on the cards industry is ruining sports. It's well known that after Fanatics buys a company (Majestic, Mitchell & Ness) the quality goes way down. They've also crowded out other quality brands like '47 Brand hats and merchandise which makes far superior gear - I think the '47 Brand hats are much better than New Era, and I know I'm supposed to think New Era are the best. The Fanatics hats the players wear look cheap even through the TV screen.

They have already said they plan on no changes to the Fanatics "Breakaway" jerseys which look and feel horrible Their new cheaper option is selling practice jerseys like this is some new innovation.

Next we'll be hearing about how awesome TicketMaster and LiveNation are for sports and music fans.
The issues with Fanatics stuff in general and what they are doing with the on-ice jerseys are two completely different things.

Fanatics are using the same manufacturer that has been used for the past 50 years or so (SP). The most noticeable change so far has been the changes to the shoulders and beefing up the forearms.

They also know the issues that Nike's re-design of the MLB jerseys has created.

I think the pessimism about the on-ice authentic jerseys will be overblown because people will pre-judge things based on past experiences with Fanatics and I think they will end up being roughly on par with the adidas on-ice jerseys.

I expect the Fanatics 2nd & 3rd tier jerseys to be as trash as they have been in the past. And the same goes for their hats, tees, hoodies, etc.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
The issues with Fanatics stuff in general and what they are doing with the on-ice jerseys are two completely different things.

Fanatics are using the same manufacturer that has been used for the past 50 years or so (SP). The most noticeable change so far has been the changes to the shoulders and beefing up the forearms.

They also know the issues that Nike's re-design of the MLB jerseys has created.

I think the pessimism about the on-ice authentic jerseys will be overblown because people will pre-judge things based on past experiences with Fanatics and I think they will end up being roughly on par with the adidas on-ice jerseys.

I expect the Fanatics 2nd & 3rd tier jerseys to be as trash as they have been in the past. And the same goes for their hats, tees, hoodies, etc.

Can't say their overblown when everything else they have done has sucked and their other responsibility for manufacturing a major league jersey was a complete disaster.

I get that it's mostly on Nike and their changes to the MLB jersey and pants and honestly Nike does ruin everything but Fanatics could have pushed back more as well.

Fanatics has earned zero benefit of the doubt despite all these puff pieces being put out today.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Just found out New Era bought '47 Brand this month. FUUUUUU - that totally sucks. Honestly those are the only two major hat brands other than the crap churned out by Fanatics.

The only hats that really fit me right are '47 and The Game. Wish The Game would make a comeback with licensed hats. They're basically just a special order brand these days, though the hats are still the best fitting in the industry.

Deevo

Jul 25, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Just found out New Era bought '47 Brand this month. FUUUUUU - that totally sucks. Honestly those are the only two major hat brands other than the crap churned out by Fanatics.

The only hats that really fit me right are '47 and The Game. Wish The Game would make a comeback with licensed hats. They're basically just a special order brand these days, though the hats are still the best fitting in the industry.
Damn! 47 clean up is my all time fav hat. I hope it doesn't go anywhere

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
In fact, if it weren't for this jersey, I'd probably be a Ducks or San Jose fan right now.
Ironic. In 96, switching to black, red and goathead nearly made me walk away from following the team. I felt they lost their identity between that and the new building. The only thing that kept me around was my favorite goalie (Hasek) and the fact that they were still highly competitive for the rest of the 90s.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Ironic. In 96, switching to black, red and goathead nearly made me walk away from following the team. I felt they lost their identity between that and the new building. The only thing that kept me around was my favorite goalie (Hasek) and the fact that they were still highly competitive for the rest of the 90s.
I think for me it was the early 2000s. I remember playing the NHL game on my computer all the time (or I had a console back then). But I always played for Anaheim or San Jose and basically couldn't decide between the two. But then I saw the Sabres logo and jersey and I knew that was it.

Reactions: BB79

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
I think for me it was the early 2000s. I remember playing the NHL game on my computer all the time (or I had a console back then). But I always played for Anaheim or San Jose and basically couldn't decide between the two. But then I saw the Sabres logo and jersey and I knew that was it.
Late 90s NHL games for me. A combination of the amazing Goathead jersey, having the best goalie in the world (ever) and a player called Satan.

Reactions: Fjordy

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

I'm still upset about New Era buying '47 Brand. The '47 Brand hats are far superior to New Era, even with the New Era Buffalo ties.

I'm hoping The Game goes and gets NHL, NFL, and MLB licensing again because those are the only other great hats out there.

Reactions: Tsujimoto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad