OT: New Board -- How Do I...?

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Yes, that dark theme is much better. Only dislike of it is the grey on black in the text box here.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Looks like they added some borders around each post to distinguish them from each other, and the quoting bubble is better.

They did add a red border to the top of each post and a slightly gray background to the post.

Only problem is they added the same treatment to the quick reply section so that no longer stands out.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
They did add a red border to the top of each post and a slightly gray background to the post.

Only problem is they added the same treatment to the quick reply section so that no longer stands out.

Quick reply is always at the bottom and probably shared tables, makes sense to be honest. I like the change. Plus the "New" flag on a post if you haven't read it yet is nice.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Also I noticed at first whenever you clicked the circle to bring you to the newest post it always brought you to the one below that. It's fixed now so that it really does bring you to the newest post.

The changes are nice. My only real wish now is that they put the time stamp on top of the post. They can even leave the "8 minutes ago" at the bottom if they want but add an actual time stamp such as 1:15PM October 3rd 2017 to the top like old times.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
It's definitely growing on me. I'm starting to forget what the old HF looks like...

Time stamp and ignoring threads are still the big ones for me.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They are working on incorporating some of these changes folks want but the ignore isn't going to happen. It's an expensive code add on or some such unfortunately.

I NEED something to fix the tables. Apparently that's on the list but not a priority.

And the 1000 rule has been abolished, just to let yall in on a little secret. Some threads that make sense to refresh (like the rumors thread) might still go that way but season long threads like the Rampage and Prospects shouldn't have to get cutoff.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Quick reply is always at the bottom and probably shared tables, makes sense to be honest. I like the change. Plus the "New" flag on a post if you haven't read it yet is nice.

Shared tables? And no, it doesn’t make any UX sense. You shouldn’t style a post the same as an input field.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Shared tables? And no, it doesn’t make any UX sense. You shouldn’t style a post the same as an input field.

Quick reply and a regular post likely share the same layout sections, whatever they're using to style it. And it's just the same background color when you click it, still a lighter gray otherwise.

Honestly I don't see the big deal. You're basically typing in the next post in the thread and that's the way it's styled. It's at the bottom, below the page buttons and clearly spaced between the last post and your reply. Every single post has a white space between it's gray background.

Good change.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Quick reply and a regular post likely share the same layout sections, whatever they're using to style it. And it's just the same background color when you click it, still a lighter gray otherwise.

Honestly I don't see the big deal. You're basically typing in the next post in the thread and that's the way it's styled. It's at the bottom, below the page buttons and clearly spaced between the last post and your reply. Every single post has a white space between it's gray background.

Good change.

It’s lazy CSS work or terrible UX decisions.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
They are working on incorporating some of these changes folks want but the ignore isn't going to happen. It's an expensive code add on or some such unfortunately.

Not sure which ignore feature you mean, but when you click on a person's username you're given the option to ignore them.
Something that is probably too much work but which would be nice would be the ability to leave yourself a small note about a user, visible only to you near their avatar or something. Just to remember who some people are.
And I'm glad someone made a Stylish theme, but I've never been a fan of dark. The changes that the admins have made thus far are a step in the right direction. Hopefully it continues, and/or more people write scripts for Stylish that are a bit more subtle and involved than just making things dark.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'

I NEED something to fix the tables. Apparently that's on the list but not a priority.

And the 1000 rule has been abolished, just to let yall in on a little secret. Some threads that make sense to refresh (like the rumors thread) might still go that way but season long threads like the Rampage and Prospects shouldn't have to get cutoff.
Oh shit. There will never be another Avalounge.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
What's the tables?
Table as in what I use for the GDT sign up thread, prospect polls. There's some beyond elaborate ones on the main board. They all need fixing. I see there's a note now up about new table code so hopefully that helps.

Idk what we'll do about the Avalounge, if we'll let it go on or not.

Ignore as in ignore threads. Some people don't like to see the OT stuff or whatever.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
HowDoesThis Look
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Side note:

They need to remove the -WebKit styles on mobile. The buttons look like garbage.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Yeah this is much better than when it launched.

To be expected though, I like it better than the old HF now to be honest.
It never takes too long to get feedback from the community and fix issues if the admins are paying attention. Which they are. I'm using the dark theme only at night now just to cut down on glare.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I forget which thread it was, but I did see a mod say they're aware of the complaints and are working on it. Especially the borders and 'too bright' colouring.

Yes we are aware of the brightness and people are working on it. But idk where it is on the list of priorities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad