New arenas

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
Saginaw County put $8.6 million (US) of improvements into The Dow Event Center before the Memorial Cup. There ae no plans to build a new arena.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Saginaw County put $8.6 million (US) of improvements into The Dow Event Center before the Memorial Cup. There ae no plans to build a new arena.
Yeah the dow should be good for another decade. Down the line though I'd like to see something maybe a touch smaller like 4700. They could put it where Fashion Square Mall is now. That place is basically dead anyway. Tear it down. Already have a ton of parking space/big foot print. The hotels and restaurants are already there too. Maybe throw in some apartments in the same space too. It's just soooo much dead space that could be put to better use.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Yeah the dow should be good for another decade. Down the line though I'd like to see something maybe a touch smaller like 4700. They could put it where Fashion Square Mall is now. That place is basically dead anyway. Tear it down. Already have a ton of parking space/big foot print. The hotels and restaurants are already there too. Maybe throw in some apartments in the same space too. It's just soooo much dead space that could be put to better use.
This is a brilliant idea

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Every time I'm back in town I go by that Mall on the way to the Dow and think, "Please put ANYTHING else there. Anything!" Such an eye sore.

I think malls in general all need to be torn down and repurposed. Even nice ones don’t get much traffic anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad