Confirmed with Link: New 3-on-3 Major League Hockey - Quebec getting a team

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

That could be a pretty cool thing. Some flashy players not build for the NHL could find their place in there or even older NHLer or AHLer. A guy like Crosby could even end up there playing 2-3 years more in his 40's. Quebec getting a team to start this league, just more fun.

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

That could be a pretty cool thing. Some flashy players not build for the NHL could find their place in there or even older NHLer or AHLer. A guy like Crosby could even end up there playing 2-3 years more in his 40's. Quebec getting a team to start this league, just more fun.

Might find a niche market, I don't know.

Reactions: Milhouse40

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
who wants to watch 3v3 hockey?

NHL overtime is painful/chaotic/wacky enough as it is.
Yeah, not interested.

Don't they poll the people on these sorts of investment? Clearly this would have been a demonstrably bad idea from the start.

Just get a Slamball team in Montreal at least that's somewhat of an inventive twist. Or even better make a bandy stadium and start a league, now that's something I'd watch!

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Oh boy. There we go. PIF now eyeing pro hockey in North America. Next will be the big three. They created a mess in golf. Let’s see what they will do to North American pro hockey.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Caught some 3ice action in a pub last summer. I swear it was like Team LeClair vs Team Larry Murphy or something.

Anyway, trash product. Y’all gotta start quenching your sports thirst with something else. These grifters gotta be stopped

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Depends generationally of course, but this is not for me.

- 3 on 3 OT in the NHL is exciting because of the format combined with the sudden death nature of the next goal, not solely on the format.
- I watch the NHL because it has the best players in the world, not the best players in the world who can't play in the NHL.
- There will be 0 hitting in this because a botched hit will surely lead to a goal.
- I'm not a fan of Saudi backed sports ventures for reasons that probably won't belong in this thread.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
That 30M cap for 14 players for 24 minutes per game seems... Rather high.
Is it 30M per team or for the entire league ? Not sure how to read "The league will have a cap of 30M" here. Per team it does seem high for something niche like this, but if the saudis are behind this, not really surprised either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad