[NEW] 2024-25 ECHL Season Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
As the 2023-24 ECHL Season Thread fades away following the Florida Everblades 3-peat (Blades fans will be impossible for months & years to come), I’m launching this thread to capture League news and other chat focused on off-season and new season topics. There are already stand-alone threads in this Forum discussing/debating/reporting on the two new ECHL teams beginning play in the Fall of 2024: the Bloomington (IL) Bison, and the Tahoe (NV) Knight Monsters. And with a well-intentioned 24/25 ECHL schedule thread already launched, I will simply include THIS LINK to the League’s schedule announcement here for future reference & further resources.

I encourage members to use this [NEW] thread to centralize ECHL topics specific to the 2024-25 season. But if you feel the urge to launch a separate thread, it’s every member’s right & privilege to do so within the Board guidelines & semi-civilized behavior. Let’s keep it all clean, folks, and enjoy the hockey love we share. :hit:

Last edited:

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
How much do ECHL teams make from extended playoff runs? That bar at the arena could get bigger…

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
most, if not all, active teams have announced protected lists via ECHL Rules; not sure how Tahoe/Bloomington fit in to that scenario just yet..... but here's Maine's Protected list:

Bloomington can start signing players 6/23

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
most, if not all, active teams have announced protected lists via ECHL Rules; not sure how Tahoe/Bloomington fit in to that scenario just yet..... Bloomington can start signing players 6/23
Potentially interesting point, though I'm not sure where you got the 6/23 date for Bloomy (and if or if not Tahoe is under the same restriction). :huh: i couldn't remember nor find any web evidence of the ECHL holding an expansion draft in the past. Lack of that process would leave the ECHL expansion teams heavily dependent on their AHL & NHL affiliations to feed them a core of players. I guess pro free agents & unsigned graduated college players & uncommitted juniors make up the remaining talent pool. If my assumptions are correct, I reckon @No Fun Shogun will have to wait a goodly while for his "Time for the Bison to run wild over the league" wish above to come true. :confused:

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Potentially interesting point, though I'm not sure where you got the 6/23 date for Bloomy (and if or if not Tahoe is under the same restriction). :huh: i couldn't remember nor find any web evidence of the ECHL holding an expansion draft in the past. Lack of that process would leave the ECHL expansion teams heavily dependent on their AHL & NHL affiliations to feed them a core of players. I guess pro free agents & unsigned graduated college players & uncommitted juniors make up the remaining talent pool. If my assumptions are correct, I reckon @No Fun Shogun will have to wait a goodly while for his "Time for the Bison to run wild over the league" wish above to come true. :confused:
23rd was mentioned on their fan page just like any other team site..... Tahoe haven't really seen much social media-wise yet and yes, Tahoe does have a fan group for info

Last edited:
Reactions: JMCx4

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
T/R announces resignation of assistant coach and longtime minor league veteran player Mathieu Brodeur for personal reasons..... Brodeur has played in Portland during the team's AHL Stint..... and had just retired as a player a year ago after finishing his career in Trois Rivieres

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
You are the Kevin Bacon of HFBoards ... You are never more that 7 posts from a Portland hockey connection ... 7️⃣ = :hockey:
had to look him up to see if he had a connection here or not.... u lose track of how many players a market has had in a history..... considering he played here that 1st season as a Lion

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Gotta figure Savannah gets an eastern time zone affiliate. Those trips to Henderson would have been tough for call ups. Anyone have any clue into who it will be?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Gotta figure Savannah gets an eastern time zone affiliate. Those trips to Henderson would have been tough for call ups. Anyone have any clue into who it will be?
Tahoe hasn't indicated which affiliate they'll have although it's been stated Vegas unofficially.... all I know is we will play them in January 2025

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
One thing worth noting that isn't mentioned earlier in this thread - Wheeling has moved from the Western Conference to the Eastern Conference. They will play in the North Division.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad