Speculation: Neutral Fan Proposals

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
The winnipeg and wild one is so bad. I asked a question and others here have told me Laine is a winger. Wild aren't trading for anymore wingers and especially giving up dumba, 9th overall and Kunin. dont care about kunin, but he's only right handed player on the wild.

Laine is one of the best pure goalscorers in the game. Would instantly be the most marketable player the Wild have ever had.

But by all means keep your mediocre players and mediocre pieces on your mediocre hockey team in mediocre Minnesota.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Laine is one of the best pure goalscorers in the game. Would instantly be the most marketable player the Wild have ever had.

But by all means keep your mediocre players and mediocre pieces on your mediocre hockey team in mediocre Minnesota.

dude minnesota had to move zucker to make room for Kaprizov. A young scoring winger in zucker was moved because wild needed room in top 4 for Kaprizov.

other fans sitting here and saying mediocore players is beyond Comical and Dumb.

Fiala isn't Mediocort. Karpizove: not sure yet but he's playing in top 4

Parise is still a 30 goal scorer.

Zuccarrelo is the only bad winger.

Unless zuccarrelo moves / waives ; wild don't have room in top 4 .

Doesnt matter how Good a player is when team can't afford a 6 or 7 mil player on 3rd line. even if wild feel comfortable with this, one of Luke Kunin or Greenway would have to be moved. Would Guarantee wild give donato away.

Lineups:
Kaprizov, Fiala
Parise Zuccarrello
Foligno, Luke Kunin
Jordan Greenway, Ryan Hartman

Note: Ryan donato is being trades. Please do tell me how wild are going to move to Zuccarrelo if he isn't waiving? Guerin isnt moving Parise without a 1st coming back

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This would not be a priority move. The Avs have the flexibility to wait to see what shakes out and what other opportunities present themselves. There are only so many teams that have the flexibility to take on salaries. It would be a mistake to make this move prematurely depending on what their other objectives might be. If everything materializes and this is the last piece of the puzzle, then maybe but not necessarily.
There is no way the Avs should give away an asset for a Tampa player with full NTC. I’d offer a 7th round pick never meant to convey.

Reactions: Gabe MacAntanen

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
If I'm Buffalo, I'm not trading #8 + Cozens for Larkin alone...

Okposo is in the deal because Buffalo would be looking to compete immediately, so having 6 million tied up to a bottom 6 winger is going to hinder that goal...

And on the flip side, Detroit wouldn't be looking to compete for several years, so having Okposo taking up cap space wouldn't hinder anything...

Good for Buffalo not wanting to have 6M in a bottom 6 winger. Detroit isn't going to give them that benefit for free or even pay them for the right to do so. And frankly, 8 + Cozens would be the lower end on what they'd settle for for Larkin if they were going to trade him. That would be the kind of deal they'd settle on if Larkin is like "I refuse to play another game in Detroit", not a deal that they'd go out and search for and make willingly.

1) Best player on the roster (maybe 2nd if you consider Mantha with more upside)
2) Fantastic contract (what, 4 years left on a 5x6.1 deal?)
3) Hometown face of the franchise
4) A meat and potatoes guy who is a strong leader and is very likely to be the captain starting this year.

I mean, Larkin is a 60-70p C on one of the worst teams in the history of hockey. You're trading a sure thing exceptional 2C or a very very feasible 1C (kind of like Ryan O'Reilly in StL) for a lottery ticket and a prospect with great upside.

Baberham Lincoln

Nov 5, 2019
Toronto
Ummm...Kappo for J. Hughes?
Because NJ can get a winger for Nico and NYR can get a centre for LaFreniere and they're all relatively the same age.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
:edmonton

C Nugent-Hopkins (27, $6M, 1yr-UFA)

:wild

LW Greenway (23, RFA)
RW Kunin (23, RFA)
C Donato (24, $1.9M, 1yr-RFA)

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Lol. Domi doesn’t hold anywhere close to that value. Keep adding Habs. Add a lot.

Domi is 25 years old. Ehlers is 24.
Domi has an average of 55 points per 82 games played. Ehlers has 57.
In the past two seasons, Domi has an average of 62 points per 82 games played. Ehlers 59.
Domi plays center. Ehlers plays winger.
Domi career-high in goals: 28. Ehlers: 29.
In the past two seasons, Domi hasn't missed one game due to injuries. Ehlers looks like he has missed quite a bit.

Statements like "DoMi DoEsN'T HoLd AnYwHeRe ClOsE tO tHaT VaLuE" are just misguided and prove how little you know about Domi. Bear in mind that Domi hasn't had to quality of teammates Ehlers had in Winnipeg either.

People talk about Habs fans overrating their players. Jets fans are about 10 times worse.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In the past two seasons, Domi has an average of 62 points per 82 games played. Ehlers 59.
In the past two seasons, Domi hasn't missed one game due to injuries. Ehlers looks like he has missed quite a bit.

Statements like "DoMi DoEsN'T HoLd AnYwHeRe ClOsE tO tHaT VaLuE" are just misguided and prove how little you know about Domi. Bear in mind that Domi hasn't had to quality of teammates Ehlers had in Winnipeg either.

People talk about Habs fans overrating their players. Jets fans are about 10 times worse.

Agreed. Ehlers and Domi are equal talents and one plays with 3rd line talent while the other plays with legit top 6 talent. Career totals so far are 0.7 pts/game and 0.67 pts/game. Jets fans going to flip out like they usually do and say Domi's age 23 season was a fluke playing with Shaw, Drouin, Byron, Lehkonen types while only 15% of his points were on the PP. And Domi has ability to play center. Most fans in the NHL will overlook that context on Domi and pump up Ehlers but ignore the talent each of them play with. Both are good top 6 young talent. There is no massive gap between these two and it's subjective to who you ask but most will be bias or overlook context on HF boards

Reactions: Prairie Habs

RCAFguy

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Agreed. Ehlers and Domi are equal talents and one plays with 3rd line talent while the other plays with legit top 6 talent. Career totals so far are 0.7 pts/game and 0.67 pts/game. Jets fans going to flip out like they usually do and say Domi's age 23 season was a fluke playing with Shaw, Drouin, Byron, Lehkonen types while only 15% of his points were on the PP. And Domi has ability to play center. Most fans in the NHL will overlook that context on Domi and pump up Ehlers but ignore the talent each of them play with. Both are good top 6 young talent. There is no massive gap between these two and it's subjective to who you ask but most will be bias or overlook context on HF boards
You want context? One player is signed long term @ 6m/per, the other is a soon to be RFA with arb rights and recently hired an agent known for long holdouts. There is your context.

Reactions: Mazatt

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You want context? One player is signed long term @ 6m/per, the other is a soon to be RFA with arb rights and recently hired an agent known for long holdouts. There is your context.

That is more context yes but not the entire picture. That's the point. No team is going to trade for Domi without being able to talk to him about an extension. I know I wouldn't if the situation was reversed.

I know you don't like it but there is not some massive gap between Domi and Ehlers.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
:edmonton

C Nugent-Hopkins (27, $6M, 1yr-UFA)

:wild

LW Greenway (23, RFA)
RW Kunin (23, RFA)
C Donato (24, $1.9M, 1yr-RFA)

The value is there, but I think Edmonton would rather extend RNH than hope those pieces provide them with 3 good scoring lines. Depends on if you feel Kunin will be a star or not IMO.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
For Jets and Preds... Perrault for Turris straight up?

Preds dump Turris who is someone they can't really use due to a logjam for a lower salary player. Jets get rid of a player they can't use/don't like in Perrault and for a tiny bit of extra cap, they have someone who legitimately is a better option in the 2C slot than someone like Wheeler while Little is out?

Turris to Detroit or Ottawa also seems to make sense. Both teams have more ability to allow Turris to play as a middle 6 C.

What does Preds add for taking on that dump?

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
dude minnesota had to move zucker to make room for Kaprizov. A young scoring winger in zucker was moved because wild needed room in top 4 for Kaprizov.

other fans sitting here and saying mediocore players is beyond Comical and Dumb.

Fiala isn't Mediocort. Karpizove: not sure yet but he's playing in top 4

Parise is still a 30 goal scorer.

Zuccarrelo is the only bad winger.

Unless zuccarrelo moves / waives ; wild don't have room in top 4 .

Doesnt matter how Good a player is when team can't afford a 6 or 7 mil player on 3rd line. even if wild feel comfortable with this, one of Luke Kunin or Greenway would have to be moved. Would Guarantee wild give donato away.

Lineups:
Kaprizov, Fiala
Parise Zuccarrello
Foligno, Luke Kunin
Jordan Greenway, Ryan Hartman

Note: Ryan donato is being trades. Please do tell me how wild are going to move to Zuccarrelo if he isn't waiving? Guerin isnt moving Parise without a 1st coming back
All i got from this post is that you would play Laine on 3rd line in Minnesota Wild, that's hilarious.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Domi career-high in goals: 28. Ehlers: 29.

The bolded one is really, really funny.

Delusional, but funny.

Reactions: Snowman

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
The bolded one is really, really funny.

Delusional, but funny.

I'm not surprised you couldn't find anything else to argue on that post. Because it just contains cold, hard numbers.

But yeah, I'm the one delusional to suggest Ehlers and Domi aren't in two completely different universes...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad