NESN NESN's contracts with Xfinity, Cox and Spectrum expire at Midnight on October 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Billionaires fighting with one another, part 9,427.

Since I got Hulu+ with ESPN+, I watch fewer Bruins games and more out of town games. Each year I have about 8-10 teams on my watch list and otherwise look for good matchups. I almost never watch an entire game, but it's good to have options to see entertaining hockey. I usually work out during the 2nd period of a game, and then will put a game or 2 on in the 3rd and/or watch the first period of a west coast matchup while working on my laptop.

On a related note, @Fenway do Red Sox games on NESN have the same lack of quality issues as Bruins games? If so I never hear about them.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I definitely watch more of of habit than enjoyment at this point.

It’ll probably change a bit once my boy is old enough to understand what’s going on (if he cares about sports).

I remember my old man constantly remarking about how boring and generic the product had become in the 90s.

I’m there now.

I used to watch all 82 (live or on TiVo).

I honestly don’t think I’d miss it at this point. Plenty of other stuff to stream. My wife is ready to cut the cord, but we’ve held on basically for live sports.

Xfinity is a racket for sure, but I like being able to speak what I want to watch into the remote and not have to do all kinds of gymnastics to log into various streaming services separately to watch something.

I did not have cable from 2015-2021. I was able to get streams on Reddit or would jump between free trials for the playoffs. Since then I use my borthers Fubo.

For me alot changes when lucic left.

But also my kids were young. I jumped back into the Sox the past few years when my kids started playing (mostly radio) and I hope to get more into the B's this year. I have more free time at night now haha. Plus I am not getting up at 5am to commute. But I agree, the product is not the same as 2008-2013.

Reactions: sarge88

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
For internet and TV I am at $200/mo. It's asinine.
I cut the cord and still pay more than that when you add in NESN 360, Netflix, Prime, and Hulu Live.

There is no good path.

Still, I blame most of these issues on NESN. They have negotiated themselves off of so many platforms that it becomes hard to believe it's always the other guy. We were quite happy when NESN was still on YouTubeTV.

Reactions: Fenian24

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
I cut the cord and still pay more than that when you add in NESN 360, Netflix, Prime, and Hulu Live.

There is no good path.

Still, I blame most of these issues on NESN. They have negotiated themselves off of so many platforms that it becomes hard to believe it's always the other guy. We were quite happy when NESN was still on YouTubeTV.
My only gripe with YTTV was the immense delay it had. My phone would blow up with Twitter notifications about 60 seconds before it hit our "live" feed.

Reactions: HustleB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad