Proposal: Need outsiders opinions please

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
You want Krebs, Tuch and Thompson too?

Edit: so as a St Louis fan base you came together to agree to f*** over Buffalo?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Neither team trades their guy.

Value wise, I’d venture to guess that Dahlin holds more value, although it can’t be terribly far off.

Buffalo needs to build around Dahlin, Blues can’t really trade Thomas unless we are planning on trading/hitting the UFA market for a top 6 center in the next couple of seasons. ROR/ Schenn will eventually start to hit the backside of their careers soon.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Avs fan.

I don’t see this moving the needle much from buffalos view. I think it’s a pretty bad idea to move dmen like him. Over pay is the only way I’d see this happening and Thomas isn’t that

Reactions: Just a Fan

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I say you guys should be thankful to have those players and I would not move either because their futures are those of a 1C and a 1D. Lol. What exactly would you be trading for ?

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Dahlin had the draft pedigree but hasn't quite lived up to it yet but sometimes defenseman take some time to fully develop. There have definitely been flashes though and it is way too early to pull the rip cord. For those reasons I don't see Buffalo entertaining this.

Thomas is really coming into his own this year and showing that #1C potential we all hoped he had. ROR and Schenn are both getting a bit older and Bolduc is probably years away from making an NHL impact. If we trade Thomas we have nothing down the middle to replace him in the near future. For those reasons I don't see the Blues entertaining this.

I am making no statement about each players value in a vacuum, I am just saying that for both teams organizationally this make zero sense.

That being said I am happy to see Tage Thompson having success in Buffalo. You fans deserve some success out of that trade.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Dahlin had the draft pedigree but hasn't quite lived up to it yet but sometimes defenseman take some time to fully develop. There have definitely been flashes though and it is way too early to pull the rip cord. For those reasons I don't see Buffalo entertaining this.

Thomas is really coming into his own this year and showing that #1C potential we all hoped he had. ROR and Schenn are both getting a bit older and Bolduc is probably years away from making an NHL impact. If we trade Thomas we have nothing down the middle to replace him in the near future. For those reasons I don't see the Blues entertaining this.

I am making no statement about each players value in a vacuum, I am just saying that for both teams organizationally this make zero sense.

That being said I am happy to see Tage Thompson having success in Buffalo. You fans deserve some success out of that trade.
It's really a coaching problem. Dahlin had a good rookie year when Housley gave him his freedom. For the next two years, it was hell for him and other young players under Krueger, a worse coach is hard to imagine. With Krueger fired, Dahlin and the other youth are looking good again and Rasmus has improved a lot this season in many aspects of the game, but he has been waiting for a good RD for four years now, we need top 4 RDs for Dahlin and Power.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Defensemen generally take longer to develop and its no different here. Dahlin has been much better. I like Thomas but id value Dahlin a fair bit higher

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
47817169211_058b82bd94.jpg

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
How about insiders' opinions?

It's an awful trade proposal.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Buffalo should just stay on course with what they are doing.

Maybe make a package at the draft for a player at a position of need

no point messing with the potential core of the team tho

Power + Dahlin is going to be a great 1-2 punch for a long time

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If they moved Dahlin, they'd probably want Kyrou. Even then I'm not sure Buffalo does it. Not that it's a bad deal, but there's no reason for Buffalo to trade Dahlin and they likely value him almost as much as any player in the league.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If they moved Dahlin, they'd probably want Kyrou. Even then I'm not sure Buffalo does it. Not that it's a bad deal, but there's no reason for Buffalo to trade Dahlin and they likely value him almost as much as any player in the league.

kyrou doesn’t move the needle on Dahlin.

Buffalo has Quinn and Peterka in the minors and drafted Rosen and 2 other wingers in the 2nd round last year.

sure…say buffalo signs Power after college this year, then in 2 summers they will have Power and Dahlin due contracts.

Buffalo has Mittlestadt, Thompson, Cozens, and Krebs at center. Potential need coukd be a center. Thomas ain’t something I’d give up Dahlin for.

If Power proves himself as a top pair, they would be more likeky to trade Dahlin fir a similar top pair RD if Dahlin isn’t moved to the right side.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Proposed this to my fellow Blues fans.…

Buffalo out Dahlin to Stl

Blues out Thomas to Buffalo

Would love to get some outsiders views.

Thanks.

Dahlin is only 21.

He hasn't even grown into his frame yet.

Many Hall of Fame defensemen weren't even in the NHL at the age of 21.

Dahlin likely still has a ton of development ahead of him, and continues to get better.

Thomas is a nice piece, but you don't trade away the potential of a guy like Dahlin unless something forces you to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad