Need Bell Centre seating advice

ffenliv

Jan 2, 2009
My wife - amazingly - is interested in making the drive to Montreal for game 2. I've been to the Bell Centre exactly once, many years ago.

Checking the ticket prices for the third round is enough to make a person want to gag, so I'm really looking at something in the 300s or 400s - and only the prices for the 400s might be palatable to the missus.

Can anyone more familiar with the 300 and 400 levels suggest to me what I might find there?

I'm mostly interested in viewing angles and crowd dynamics. I've taken seats in the upper, upper, upper levels at other rinks, and had some questionable experiences with drunk fans.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
the rowdy crowd is usually in that section. Try to get seats in the whites if you can. Center is obviously the best section. Honestly.. their isnt a bad seat in the house at the Bell Center.

Enjoy the game.

ffenliv

Jan 2, 2009
the rowdy crowd is usually in that section. Try to get seats in the whites if you can. Center is obviously the best section. Honestly.. their isnt a bad seat in the house at the Bell Center.

Enjoy the game.

I have read the 'no bad seat' thing. Frankly, I'd sit behind an AC unit so long as I could hear the crowd.

First row in the whites. Best quality/price you can get.

That does seem to be the case. Not sure how to sneak $200/seat past my wife. It's about as subtle as a flaming ambulance with sirens on.

SAINDON

May 9, 2012
The First State
300/400 has a great atmosphere. The sections in the 400 level behind the shoot once end gets loud. Its an amazing building....best atmosphere I have ever been in. You will love it.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Best value for price/view: Grays.
Best seats (subjective): Whites.

Atmosphere is off the charts in the upper deck.

I usually go for either of those.

Anywhere in the house is a good seat, but I try to avoid sitting behind the pressbox (jumbotron is blocked off) in the 300-400 level unless I'm sitting White.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I wouldn't be put off by the blues (400s) if money is an issue. I sit there almost every time I go to the Bell Center. The atmosphere is great, the sightlines are more than fine (fully echo the "no bad seats" sentiment) and I've never seen anybody hassling out-of-towners. You might get some good-natured chirping if you're wearing Rangers gear, but nothing serious. They may be the cheap seats but for a lot of families living in the city, that's all they can afford too. Tickets in Montreal (and beer in the Bell Center) is too expensive for most people to risk ruining the night by getting wasted and being thrown out :laugh:

The Ex-Zone is the rowdiest because they actively pump up the crowds there with cheerleaders and free drink tickets but even that's not too bad.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
My wife - amazingly - is interested in making the drive to Montreal for game 2. I've been to the Bell Centre exactly once, many years ago.

Checking the ticket prices for the third round is enough to make a person want to gag, so I'm really looking at something in the 300s or 400s - and only the prices for the 400s might be palatable to the missus.

Can anyone more familiar with the 300 and 400 levels suggest to me what I might find there?

I'm mostly interested in viewing angles and crowd dynamics. I've taken seats in the upper, upper, upper levels at other rinks, and had some questionable experiences with drunk fans.

Just a quick advice, if you are buying off of the Canadien's website. Try not to be "picky" with the seats the website offers you because if you release the tickets the system offers you after two times, then you will lose your shot at buying tickets and you get kicked off the system. Good luck!

Walk With Lias

Sep 18, 2007
Ranger fan here just wondering what kind of reception would I get up in the upper bowl? Came up for a game last season and sat in the reds and had a great time and had no issues whatsoever with other fans. As a matter of fact everyone just wanted to talk hockey with me. Figure it can't be that bad right? I've gone to philly multiple times in my Rangers stuff and have yet to have a problem soo.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Ranger fan here just wondering what kind of reception would I get up in the upper bowl? Came up for a game last season and sat in the reds and had a great time and had no issues whatsoever with other fans. As a matter of fact everyone just wanted to talk hockey with me. Figure it can't be that bad right? I've gone to philly multiple times in my Rangers stuff and have yet to have a problem soo.

You might get heckled and booed at (pretty slim).. but in general, you'll probably get that everywhere. Just ignore it and don't fish for problems and you'll have a great time.

Laps40

Dec 16, 2006
Montreal
greys are the best bang for the buck if you can get the lower seated row in that section.
blues are still ok too...upper bowl is as real as it gets, playoffs atmosphere wise.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I don't know how is the family zone during Playoffs, but in regular season it's your safe bet against drunk people.

Price is same as Zone Molson Ex and other 400s

dawe65

Apr 29, 2014
Just got my tickets for game 2!!! Less expensive going through Bell Centre than StubHub... but I think I was really lucky to actually get tickets directly this morning. I've tried for years and I have never been able to get them during the playoffs.

SH15

May 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
Talk about bumping an old thread...lol. But I needed help and Google brought this thread up.

Does anyone know what the Family Zone rules are in Centre Bell? I see tix online that say Under 16 ticket, but then other postings say anyone can use them. Also is it alcohol free or is beer allowed?

Thank you in advance!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad