Other Sports: NCAA Thread v12

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I guess people were right when they said the SEC would bend over backwards for Texas. Their schedule is a travesty compared to OU's. It's basically a two game conference schedule (Georgia and Texas A&M). They avoided Alabama, Tennessee, LSU and Ole Miss.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Army-Navy will be game of the century.
The crazy thing is Army has joined the AAC (which Navy was already in). They decided to keep the Army/Navy game as non-conference game taking place after the season is technically 'over'.

So Conference championship weekend is the week BEFORE the Army/Navy game.

They could actually play each other back to back weeks.

Friday, December 6th. AAC championship game

Saturday December 14th. Army/Navy game.

Remaining conference games
Army: North Texas(5-1/2-0), UTSA (3-4/1-2)
Navy: Rice(2-5/1-3), South Florida(2-4/0-2), Tulane(5-2/3-0), East Carolina(3-4/1-2)

Both Army and Navy have regular season games against Notre Dame, but those obviously aren't conference games.

BTW, the bowls and playoff selection is done before the Army/Navy game so it won't have any impact on them. The CFP/bowl selection happens on Sunday December 8th. Although it could happen following their 'first match-up' in an AAC championship game. The second army/navy game would not have any impact.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Oh boy, this call could be huge

Georgia throws a pick, but there's a, awful, flag thrown for PI, so the interception is negated.

The fans don't like the call and water bottles get thrown on the field resulting in a delay.

After the delay, the ref confirms that the flag has been picked up and the interception stands.

Now Texas scores and now trail by 8. Fans are back into it

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Georgia should formally petition this game regardless of outcome. They just scored a TD at least twice, likely three times, and it went to 4th and goal before it was undeniable.

I never thought I would see a Vegas racket play out this obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad