Other Sports: NCAA Thread v12

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I assumed this game was over. I stopped flipping back & forth with the Penn State game. Then I turned the tv off until checked the scores & saw Georgia got off the mat & made it a game.
15 minutes in real time before Georgia took the lead, nobody thought it was going to be a game.

Instead we got one of the all-time classics and what could've been Georgia's biggest comeback ever.

Winning touchdown and winning interception made by freshmen.

In the end it's 4 turnovers and a safety by Georgia. When these two teams meet again, that won't happen.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

@JojoTheWhale the WIP like contingent of the fanbase desperately wants to move him back to off the ball LB. He had his two sacks on the last drive when they had him drop back & spy the QB. So they’re convinced that’s the only time he makes plays. Even though he was wreaking havoc all game both in the pass & run game on the edge. The counting stats just weren’t there until the end. He got off slow the first two games but the last two it’s looking like it’s starting to click for him. The last game was Kent State so it what it is. They didn’t drop back for a pass much & he probably didn’t play enough snaps anyway. But Illinois is probably his best game so far against a solid team that has pretty good OT’s. He was drawing double teams at times & still getting pressure/penetration.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

@JojoTheWhale the WIP like contingent of the fanbase desperately wants to move him back to off the ball LB. He had his two sacks on the last drive when they had him drop back & spy the QB. So they’re convinced that’s the only time he makes plays. Even though he was wreaking havoc all game both in the pass & run game on the edge. The counting stats just weren’t there until the end. He got off slow the first two games but the last two it’s looking like it’s starting to click for him. The last game was Kent State so it what it is. They didn’t drop back for a pass much & he probably didn’t play enough snaps anyway. But Illinois is probably his best game so far against a solid team that has pretty good OT’s. He was drawing double teams at times & still getting pressure/penetration.

Man. Same fanbase that should have learned from Parsons too. Obviously he's not what Parsons was off the ball, but he's still solid. I just don't understand why you'd want to move these guys further off the ball. His best ability is his first step. The last thing you want to do is mute that.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Man. Same fanbase that should have learned from Parsons too. Obviously he's not what Parsons was off the ball, but he's still solid. I just don't understand why you'd want to move these guys further off the ball. His best ability is his first step. The last thing you want to do is mute that.

There’s decent proportion that thinks you’re either getting sacks or you’re not doing anything on a pass rush. PFF still had their team in the top 10 in pressure rate even before the Illinois game but they had like four sacks so that meant the pass rush sucked.

Honestly if I have questions with their defense so far it’s their coverage. Not that they’re bad but teams have some success against them as really nobody has been able to run on their front seven.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Big Ten and SEC athletic directors will discuss a possible partnership in football scheduling, along with their preferences for automatic bids, in the next iteration of the College Football Playoff.

Sources in both leagues told ESPN on Monday they would prefer to have potentially four automatic bids each to the playoff when the next contract begins in 2026. CFP leaders haven't determined yet what the playoff will look like beyond this season and next. Some said they need to know that before making any decisions about future scheduling partnerships.

"I'm for anything that gives us the maximum number of postseason opportunities," one SEC source said. "I don't count bowl games as postseason opportunities."

Some have also expressed interest in limiting the role of the 13-member selection committee -- or eliminating it entirely.

While the future CFP format is a long way from being determined, guaranteed bids for eight of the 14 playoff spots to the SEC and Big Ten would receive significant pushback from others and already has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad