NCAA / CHL Lawsuit

MiamiHockeyII

Mar 24, 2022
That's a relatively recent phenomenon. Junior A leagues were more a part of the ladder in days past. Junior C used to lead to Junior B which used to lead to Junior A which led to major junior. It was a bit different because you'd have 14-year-olds showing up to try out and Junior B and C camps, and that's thankfully not a thing anymore. But there are going to be players looking for places to play. This doesn't change the numbers of players, and Junior A teams will still be using their numbers of graduated players as marketing pitches to both fans and prospective players, so they might talk more about how many of their players moved along to major junior and then to NHL teams.

I'd suspect Junior A will get a lot younger - and maybe they get out of the 20-year-old business entirely. At the end of the day, this looks like a reset to a more streamlined and hierarchical development system.

Perhaps your definition of recent differs from mine, but it's been more than 25 years since that Jr C to Jr B to Jr A pathway existed, wherever it even did. Guys I recruited in the early 2000s went Midget AAA (18U, 16U) to Jr A, with some having a Jr B cup of coffee enroute.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Perhaps your definition of recent differs from mine, but it's been more than 25 years since that Jr C to Jr B to Jr A pathway existed, wherever it even did. Guys I recruited in the early 2000s went Midget AAA (18U, 16U) to Jr A, with some having a Jr B cup of coffee enroute.
Yeah, I'm old and it's rude to point that out.

Reactions: Drummer

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
In my opinion he is head and shoulders above both, but I might not the most neutral party.

To try to get away from this specific player and back to the overall topic of this thread, my point is that I think the biggest impacts of this will be on (the few) graduating American CHLers, with the rest generally coming out in the wash.

And at the end of the day I'm a DAL fan... so none of this will impact how much we perpetually suck in the slightest.
I used to be with the DAL team when Darrel was there. After he was "fired", I wandered the desert for 40 years until I found SMU. I still go to all the DAL games.

I do agree with your premise regarding the impact of this "merger".

Glad to see a DAL person on here. I hope you can be a regular.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad