NBA Europe

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
So another meaningless "tournament" that most players won't care about.

All I'm getting out of this is another opportunity for FanDuel, DraftKings, etc to swindle more money from degenerate gamblers.

Lackhalak

May 26, 2017
So another meaningless "tournament" that most players won't care about.

All I'm getting out of this is another opportunity for FanDuel, DraftKings, etc to swindle more money from degenerate gamblers.
I think the tournament idea sucks, but I like the idea of a NBA operated league. I'm not a fan of relegation and promotion.

I also hope this paves the way for Hockey to follow suit.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I think the tournament idea sucks, but I like the idea of a NBA operated league. I'm not a fan of relegation and promotion.

I also hope this paves the way for Hockey to follow suit.
The players can't be based in Europe or else they'll have to follow EU law regarding free movement etc. Meaning no such things as draft or restricted free agency.

Reactions: Lackhalak

Lackhalak

May 26, 2017
The players can't be based in Europe or else they'll have to follow EU law regarding free movement etc. Meaning no such things as draft or restricted free agency.
I'm sure there is a way, things change all the time. The North American system creates way better balance and an equal playing field. The NHL got way better when the cap was introduced, no more teams buying winners.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I'm sure there is a way, things change all the time. The North American system creates way better balance and an equal playing field. The NHL got way better when the cap was introduced, no more teams buying winners.
What if the new league went with single entity model like MLS? EU can’t tell private companies where to assign their employees.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
It would make more sense having the in season tournament played around the world than at their home stadiums to draw new interest to the league.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It would make more sense having the in season tournament played around the world than at their home stadiums to draw new interest to the league.

Iyt would, but the NBAPA probably won't like the idea of all that extra travel in season. Maybe they'd be better off doing something before the season.

Kirk Van Houten

May 7, 2019
Yeah maybe making the switch from preseason games to the now named NBA Cup as the start of the season.

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
In the past I would have suggested having training camps and preseason over there like baseball does in Florida, but team training facilities are way too advanced for teams to replicate that in Europe.

Maybe do the NBA Cup in Europe instead of Vegas. Or a league similar to the Basketball Africa League. I am not sure a summer league would work given that Europeans are all taking vacations in the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00