OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2022

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Who cares? Most teams just sell their 2nd rounders bc they dont want to pay a roster spot (like us alot of years) LA could have just bought a second rounder. Its pretty much a undrafted FA 2nd rounder
People just dislike Lebron and the power he and Rich Paul wield. I get it.

I’ll still tune in to see the first father/son NBA teammates when that time comes……

• Haha
Reactions: Ridley Simon

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia

Washington Wizards: A-
Round 1: Alex Sarr (No. 2), Bub Carrington (No. 14), Kyshawn George (No. 24 via New York)

Starting the night with only one pick in the top 25, the Wizards landed three of my top 15 prospects. That was partially because Washington got a second lottery pick by trading Avdija to Portland, landing Carrington. The Wizards also moved up two spots to take George, who went a tad lower than projected.

None of Washington's three rookies is older than age 20. Nor is 2023 Wizards lottery pick Bilal Coulibaly, giving their rebuild a diverse base of young talent as a starting point. In Sarr, they might have got the player with the most star potential in the 2024 draft. Washington's rebuild is moving slowly in the right direction.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
People hate LeBron? Why?

Is his son good enough to be a draftee? Most say NO. Is he being drafted bc LeBron said “I wanna play w my son, last year” (paraphrasing).

So owners like Ishbia thought they could draft Jr, to get LeBron.

Lakers struck instead. Good for them? They should have to ensure LeBron stays with them. Good move on their part.

That’s not hating anyone. It’s just the facts, far as I see them.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
People hate LeBron? Why?

Is his son good enough to be a draftee? Most say NO. Is he being drafted bc LeBron said “I wanna play w my son, last year” (paraphrasing).

So owners like Ishbia thought they could draft Jr, to get LeBron.

Lakers struck instead. Good for them? They should have to ensure LeBron stays with them. Good move on their part.

That’s not hating anyone. It’s just the facts, far as I see them.
Lol yeah….lots of people lol…

He was certainly good enough to be drafted in the 2nd. “Most say no” is not something I’ve heard in any recent mainstream NBA talk…

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002

He was certainly good enough to be drafted in the 2nd. “Most say no” is not something I’ve heard in any recent mainstream NBA talk…
Fair enough. I had read many talking heads that thought drafting him was simply a ploy to get his father to be on the same team. That was his best attribute.

I guess we will see.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

I'm with Rids here. Every draft ranking/analyst I saw leading up to the draft had him as a talent way outside of the draftable range. Most did, however, project that he'd be drafted because of his father.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm with Rids here. Every draft ranking/analyst I saw leading up to the draft had him as a talent way outside of the draftable range. Most did, however, project that he'd be drafted because of his father.

This was the typical mix I saw….depending on who you ask….some see NBA upside or at least untapped potential because of things he wasn’t able to do last year….

2nd rounder/typical G League development guy….

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

This was the typical mix I saw….depending on who you ask….some see NBA upside or at least untapped potential because of things he wasn’t able to do last year….

Brony basically an undrafted prospect but that said late in the draft for whatever doesn't matter. Feel bad for Brony not able to chart his own path.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

I mean, that's ESPN pushing a narrative and softening the blow for their darling team's fans when they draft him.

He's a 6'2" point guard who can't shoot the 3, was a bad college player, and has a giant medical red flag. Do you honestly believe he's drafted without the last name "James"?

Look at Justin Edwards. He was a top 5 HS recruit last year, played for a blue chip program for a coach with an impeccable NBA development record, had a much better year than James, is a better shooter with more length, and has a better skillset in just about every aspect of the game. Went undrafted.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I mean, that's ESPN pushing a narrative and softening the blow for their darling team's fans when they draft him.

He's a 6'2" point guard who can't shoot the 3, was a bad college player, and has a giant medical red flag. Do you honestly believe he's drafted without the last name "James"?

Look at Justin Edwards. He was a top 5 HS recruit last year, played for a blue chip program for a coach with an impeccable NBA development record, had a much better year than James, is a better shooter with more length, and has a better skillset in just about every aspect of the game. Went undrafted.
Well to counter than nonsense idea….Stephen A just said he would not been drafted if his name wasn’t James….seems to me if there was some conspiratorial “narrative push” their top TV guy would be leading the charge….anyway….

Windhorst saying some scouts he talked to had him as a 2nd rounder (some didn’t) carry’s more weight for me….

Last edited:

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Well to counter than nonsense idea….Stephen A just said he would not been drafted if his name wasn’t James….seems to me if there was some conspiratorial “narrative push” their top TV guy would be leading the charge….anyway….

Windhorst saying some scouts he talked to had him as a 2nd rounder (some didn’t) carry’s more weight for me….
All ESPN does is push narrative, man. Their on-air commentary hasn't been legit analysis for at least a decade.

Reactions: sycamore

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002

Regardless. As I said, most didn’t have him as being good enough. BUT…. he was on everyone’s board bc “James”.

I’m not sure why we are arguing this point?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Looks like we'll have a shot tomorrow at seeing a second amateur win on the PGA Tour this year...

Our guy Neal Shipley, in his first Tour start as a pro, lurking around that top 10 too.

Yep; he’s got the game, but he’s pro now. First low Am at the Master and US Open since Hovland…

Also saw that “Beef” is playing on the DP Tour this week and was playing well. Only his like 6th or 7th start in a few years they were saying…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad