OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2022

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
A first, 2 2nds and whatever they get for Brogdon…..what valuation did you have for Deni? Probably was my favorite player, but they need a full reset.

Just gotta make impact selections now…
Agree it’s a haul. But what does it say about this franchise that they have a guy who can yield that kind of draft capital and we’re like “Nah, you do something with this asset.” If you have been clowns with regard to developing all the high draft picks you’ve had previously, it’s reasonable to presume you’ll clown these new draft assets.

Disclaimer: I don’t know shit about the NBA. But I do know how clown-ish the Zard organization is

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
A first, 2 2nds and whatever they get for Brogdon…..what valuation did you have for Deni? Probably was my favorite player, but they need a full reset.

Just gotta make impact selections now…
I think Deni will be a better player than Bridges, and I don't think he's that far off now. He's also on a fantastic, descending contract.

Bridges returned 5 firsts. You have to get at least multiple unprotected firsts.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think Deni will be a better player than Bridges, and I don't think he's that far off now. He's also on a fantastic, descending contract.

Bridges returned 5 firsts. You have to get at least multiple unprotected firsts.
Comparing those trades doesnt make a lot of sense to me….the Knicks were in a very unique spot to overpay for a specific guy to put them over the top.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
On the Deni trade:

Make no mistake: the Wizards’ new front office liked Deni Avdija.

They’re the ones who gave him a four-year extension last fall for $55 million. And Avdija had a really, really good season in Washington last year, posting career highs in scoring, rebounds and assists, and wildly improving from deep (career-best .374 on 3s).

But…this front office did not draft him. As such, it wasn’t wedded to him as it is to, say, Bilal Coulibaly, whom Washington acquired in a draft-night deal last season from Indiana.

The Wizards were determined to add a second first-round pick this year, so that they could take another swing at someone with lottery potential going forward, along with whoever they take with the second pick tonight.

At 14, they will now have that chance, along with adding another first-round pick (2029) and two future seconds to their increasing cache of draft picks. According to multiple league sources, the Wizards brought in Pitt freshman guard Bub Carrrington for a last-minute visit in the days preceding tonight’s draft.

Carrington is viewed as one of the better young point guards available in the draft, having made the all-rookie team this past season in the ACC, and garnering honorable mention accolades for the all-ACC team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad