OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, 2019-2020, Vol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
It was discussed in the media after the 19-31 start that it was no coincidence that when Turner came back from his broken finger the team started wining. I remember Davey saying at some point in the 2nd half of the season that Turner was their MVP. Turner is one of the best lead off hitters in the league and pretty good at SS. He needs to be resigned.

As for Corbin over Strass, that choice isn’t an option unless the Nats trade him. Corbin has 5 years left on his contract.

Put it this way. I choose Rendon over Turner.

of course you can trade Corbin. You’d get a lot, which may in the long run be a good move regardless, especially if it means keeping Strass

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Rendon made $18, Stras $39 (with a AAV of $25 per).

Assuming Rendon is getting $30 (7) +12 mil....

What’s Stras going to ask? Same $30 per or higher? $35 x7? $30x7?

Me no likey Boras....

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The Wizards might be too good for their own good this year. You will see nights like last night where they don't show up but they're more talented than originally expected and they compete. Unfortunately they won't really be appreciated this year by casual fans with the Nats winning and the Caps looking like they'll be Cup contenders again but I like what Tommy S is doing.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
For real with the 18m we save be opting out on Zimmerman it could easily cover Stras and Rendons raises

I wouldn’t mind going with a new direction for 1B. We can easily find a younger cheaper replacement to do what Zimmerman does

If they resign Rendon put him at first and then Keiboom can play 3rd.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Thom Loverro said on Sheehans podcast there is talk Rendon doesn’t want to continue his career in DC so resigning him may not be an option.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
MLB free agency starts today but from what I just read MLB free agency isn't like the NFL. There won't be a rush to sign people today. So we just have to wait and see.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Watching my first Wiz game this season. The guy that took Buck’s place sounds like your average play by play guy. Oh well. Hachimura looks good though.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
He may want that but does Houston? Where would he play? Outfield? Their infield is set.

3rd base. Bregman at short. Rendon at 3rd. Doesn't matter. That Nats don't want to sign him. It will be a bad contract. They might could win with Keiboom. If not, they won this year.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

This is one of those times where the structure of the voting makes everybody look bad. Davey proved to be the manager of the year. Coming from 19-31. Managing up players to career years. Getting by without Scherzer for critical games. Managing from behind in ALL those elimination games and winning the series. But, when the votes came in he was the manager of a wild card team

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
3rd base. Bregman at short. Rendon at 3rd. Doesn't matter. That Nats don't want to sign him. It will be a bad contract. They might could win with Keiboom. If not, they won this year.

Carlos Correa is a former rookie of the year and all-star. He is also only 25 years old. Don't see the Astros forking over big bucks to Rendon and put a 25 year old all-star on the bench when they will have a huge hole in their rotation to fill. But crazier things have happened.

My guess is Rendon goes somewhere out west or in Texas with the Rangers. The Rangers could use a big name star like Rendon to fill up their new stadium.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Carlos Correa is a former rookie of the year and all-star. He is also only 25 years old. Don't see the Astros forking over big bucks to Rendon and put a 25 year old all-star on the bench when they will have a huge hole in their rotation to fill. But crazier things have happened.

My guess is Rendon goes somewhere out west or in Texas with the Rangers. The Rangers could use a big name star like Rendon to fill up their new stadium.

Yea, the Rangers. Close as you can get to Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad