World Cup: National Team threads #2

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And with that win Nagelsmann’s kids qualify for the next round of the nations league for the first time in our history…despite missing almost the entire front 4.

I wonder what our friend thinks of how Germany’s non-existent young talent is doing at the senior level a few years after his proclamation? :sarcasm:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
BTW the reportedly raped woman in Sweden said Mbappe was her aggressor per Swedish sources.

I'm sure it's nothing and it's just me mad at Mbappe for leaving L1.

• Wow
Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
BTW the reportedly raped woman in Sweden said Mbappe was her aggressor per Swedish sources.

I'm sure it's nothing and it's just me mad at Mbappe for leaving L1.
Wasn't his mum part of his "encourage" in Sweden? As long as I don't find other sources than Daily Fail and Reddit I find it hard to believe.

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
Can't wait to see how tommorrow's match goes. If the Stiller-Pavlovic double pivot is ready, almost everything would be falling into place for us to be serious threats in 2026. I'd still have my reservations about Tah-Rüdiger when we have Schlotterbeck (& Chabot), but we'd still have one hell of a starting 11:

Havertz
Wirtz - Undav - Musiala
Pavlovic - Stiller
Mittelstädt - Tah - Rüdiger - Kimmich
ter Stegen​

...with a ton of quality depth for the front 4; Füllkrug, Kleindienst, Moukoko, Burkardt, Beier, Adeyemi, Gruda, Wanner, Sane, Gnabry, Führich, Brandt, Werner, Leweling, Schade, Brunner, Darvich, Weiper, Moerstedt.

Some strong alternatives at CB; Schlotterbeck, Chabot, Thiaw, Anton...good depth at LB; Raum, Gosens, Rothe, Netz, Kabar...and solid depth behind MAtS; Bauman, Ortega, Nübel. Though the depth on the right side of defense & the double pivot is a lot iffier.
What’s the scouting report on Stiller? Haven’t seen enough of him yet but reading lots of high praise about him

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What’s the scouting report on Stiller? Haven’t seen enough of him yet but reading lots of high praise about him

Was a big time prospect at Bayern’s academy, followed Hoeneß to hoffenheim where he stalled for a bit. Then he followed Hoeneß to stuttgart and has been ascending rapidly ever since last season started.

Good size & good athlete, even if he’s no Goretzka / Ouedraogo.

Very skilled with the ball under pressure, with a strong set pieces deliveries / crosses / longballs, and he has developed the necessary steel to man a spot in the double pivot at a very high level.

Not as defensively sound as andrich yet…stuttgart pairs him with a more defensive Karazor…but he looked good next to Pavlo against the Dutch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad