World Cup: National Team threads #2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The general is back and leading the Copa, the World and the Copa again champions. Well deserved. ADM is also taking his victory lap today. Although im still delusional and think he will be there somehow in 2026.

The stadium is only 75% full since Fifa "punished" Argentina for their racist comments. If anyone thought Fifa was going to take it serious there's your answer. If the chants continue their next game will be played behind closed doors.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Nicolas Jackson with the first miss from a good opportunity for Senegal against Burkina Faso in the Africa Cup of nations qualifier after 12 mins. The pass was slightly behind him instead of an ideal position, but he still probably should have got the shot between the posts instead of putting it wide of the post.

Couple of minutes later Mane makes it 1-0 for Senegal after Jackson stole the ball away from an opponent and put Mane through.

Edit: In the end Burkina Faso scored a last second 95th min equalizer (the ref blow the whistle immediately after the restart) and the match finished 1-1.

Last edited:
Reactions: PanniniClaus

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Argentina played great yesterday. Big games from RDP who for me was the MOTM along with Lautaro who's dummy lead to Alexis brilliant goal. Alvarez had a golazo and Dybala scored a nice goal as well. Just an all around great game, brilliant way to send off ADM for his fake retirement. Enzo was very good his work lead to the 2nd goal. Chelsea may have soured on him but for NT he's still brilliant. Would've loved to see Barco, Carboni and Soule but Im guessing they will see some minutes on Tuesday.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
lol how did France lose to Italy?
France is lucky it didn't end 6 or 7-1.
Italy looked real good, Tonali was huge for them and it shows he wasn't there for the Euro's. He would have made a difference.

Italy is a good young team going forward here, just a replacement is needed for Di Lorenzo !! He gifts the opposition a goal every game :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hungary put us under strong pressure in the first 15 min and we’re still struggling with their pressing, but we’ve grown into the game and scored a nifty goal on our 2nd/3rd real opening.

Andrich - Groß don’t look anywhere near as smooth as Andrich - Kroos did. Not sure if they just lack chemistry or if they overlap too much.

If we hadn’t opened them up I would’ve been curious to see Pavlovic or Stiller brought on to turn that into a midfield trio to deal with the press.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Because Spalletti is a good coach who needed time and because they live on the individuality of their players. The important thing now is to find continuity, not in results but in performances.

France is lucky it didn't end 6 or 7-1.
Italy looked real good, Tonali was huge for them and it shows he wasn't there for the Euro's. He would have made a difference.

Italy is a good young team going forward here, just a replacement is needed for Di Lorenzo !! He gifts the opposition a goal every game :laugh:

Didn’t mean that as harshly as it reads. I know Italy isn’t terrible, Just was wondering what’s been up with France, 3 losses in the past 12 months is not what I’d expect from a nation with that talent pool, ya know?

Reactions: Habs 4 Life

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Hungary put us under strong pressure in the first 15 min and we’re still struggling with their pressing, but we’ve grown into the game and scored a nifty goal on our 2nd/3rd real opening.

Andrich - Groß don’t look anywhere near as smooth as Andrich - Kroos did. Not sure if they just lack chemistry or if they overlap too much.

If we hadn’t opened them up I would’ve been curious to see Pavlovic or Stiller brought on to turn that into a midfield trio to deal with the press.

I'd like to see Pavlovic there too, he is a really good passer. Could reign Germany's midfield for a decade+.

Reactions: cgf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Didn’t mean that as harshly as it reads. I know Italy isn’t terrible, Just was wondering what’s been up with France, 3 losses in the past 12 months is not what I’d expect from a nation with that talent pool, ya know?
DD has made the mistake of building his team around Mbappe.
Olise and Barcola on the wings is great. Mbappe has been in a funk for months however.
In midfield, Griez has been horrible and needs to be changed but DD still isn't calling up Doue or Cherki.
Cama is injured. Rabiot is clubless.
He's also still tweaking his D.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
DD has made the mistake of building his team around Mbappe.
Olise and Barcola on the wings is great. Mbappe has been in a funk for months however.
In midfield, Griez has been horrible and needs to be changed but DD still isn't calling up Doue or Cherki.
Cama is injured. Rabiot is clubless.
He's also still tweaking his D.

It’s a shame you have the fixes already on the way. If you could stop pumping out elite young talent for 5-6 years, that would be cool :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad