Prospect Info: Nathan Villeneuve - Forward(Round 2, Pick #63, 2024 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Wolves fan here, Kraken fans will love Villeneuve, absolute pain in the ass to play against, underrated skills and offensive talent. Type of player you want on your team in the playoffs. I think you'll see him explode offensively this year with Goyette moving to the AHL as well.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
A very intriguing pick. Could bring a lot to the table.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Is Villeneuve the first prospect with "issues" that we have drafted? Given how our organization is, I am pretty sure the scouting group and management did a lot of digging before going with him. Atleast I hope they did.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I think we just drafted a young Shorsey.

Seriously, I love this pick. This kid is a dynamic rat. Might turn into the next Brad Marchand.
I like the pick, too, but I'd guess he ends up closer to Brandon Tanev than to Brad Marchand.

Reactions: Fuhrious

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
I like the pick, too, but I'd guess he ends up closer to Brandon Tanev than to Brad Marchand.
Fair. I would suggest that's your floor and your ceiling right there.

I suspect when he enters the NHL full time (likely in 2 years, maybe 3) he will look more like Tanev to start, but if he keeps developing he might become Marchand level.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad