Confirmed with Link: Nathan Todd on unconditional waivers UPD cleared, contract terminated

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
How common is it for North American born players in their 20s to leave the AHL for Russia to make MORE money? This is assuming they are a solid AHL player and could continue to be of value to north american teams.
Not very, usually only happens in cases like this where the player isn't that good even at the AHL level.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
How common is it for North American born players in their 20s to leave the AHL for Russia to make MORE money? This is assuming they are a solid AHL player and could continue to be of value to north american teams.

Pretty hard to say since I don't know of a way to find out how much KHL players are making, but it is pretty rare for them to terminate an existing contract to do so. Todd was supposed to make 200k if he stayed with the Barracuda.

He was a good get for the team last season, and I can't say I have any idea why he'd make this move if it wasn't money-related. If he wanted out of San Jose but wanted to stay in AHL/North America, feels like we could've easily dealt him elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad