Confirmed with Link: Nathan MacKinnon wins 2023-2024 Ted Lindsay Award (most outstanding player, as voted by peers) as well as 2023-2024 Hart Trophy (NHL MVP)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I guess all those empty net points Kucherov had wasn’t enough to win the Hart
I'm actually surprised the bullshit he pulled at the All-Star game didn't sink his totals further.

I know, it's the all-star game, something designed for children and corporate sponsors. But those kids? They deserved a hell of a lot better than that.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Well deserved. Not that he needed it but it just wouldn't have been right if one of the greatest players of his generation never had this hardware. Now it's complete with the Stanley Cup and these individual awards.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

pentagon.jpg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Probably going to be hated by this comment, but the difference between MacKinnon and Kucherov this year was not a 300-point difference IMHO (too large of a gap). MacKinnon was clearly the best player though and I am more happy he won the Ted Lindsey as there is a good argument that is more valuable than the Hart nowadays.

Reactions: chet1926

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Well deserved for MacK. He really should have at least another one but at least now the Lady Bing will have some company on the mantle.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
So did the award show tonight do enough to officially punch Nate's card into the HHOF or does he need another Cup or to complete the triple gold?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Probably going to be hated by this comment, but the difference between MacKinnon and Kucherov this year was not a 300-point difference IMHO (too large of a gap). MacKinnon was clearly the best player though and I am more happy he won the Ted Lindsey as there is a good argument that is more valuable than the Hart nowadays.
I actually agree. I think what explains that gap though was the ASG debacle with Kucherov. I think that made a lot of hockey media people really sour, and that's reflected in the vote totals. Probably not fair, but hey, Kucherov is the one who decided to flip the entire NHL the bird that weekend.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad