Nathan MacKinnon has 34 pts since the Duchene trade (1st in NHL).

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
He has 44 games to attain 17 points to match his rookie offensive numbers.

Keep in mind he played wing and didn't have to go up against other teams best shutdown lines during that rookie campaign.

This year he is the top dog centre and is outright tearing some (if not most) teams apart offensively. He may never be the defensive stalwart that is Barkov, but his combination of speed, power, finesse, and a criminally underrated shot is downright dangerous and hard to handle.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
He has 44 games to attain 17 points to match his rookie offensive numbers.

Keep in mind he played wing and didn't have to go up against other teams best shutdown lines during that rookie campaign.

This year he is the top dog centre and is outright tearing some (if not most) teams apart offensively. He may never be the defensive stalwart that is Barkov, but his combination of speed, power, finesse, and a criminally underrated shot is downright dangerous and hard to handle.
He is good defensively. Not so good in the circle, unfortunately.

Reactions: MacBradley

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Mack is top 5 in NHL scoring now. He's proof that sometimes people forget that it can take a little while for younger high-end players to figure out what it takes to be great at this level. Not everyone comes in
at 18 and destroys the league in their first 3 years.
Yes. It's take time sometimes for guys to come into their own. This is not an easy league to try and step into for anyone.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Glad to hear Colorado has something to get excited about again. It's been a long while.

Man, this league . . . Just when I key in on a few players or teams then out of the blue some other story is developing that I (most of us) don't know about. Wow, crazy how good his numbers are. I had no clue.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
He had 5 points in his first 10 games, since then he scored 41 in 28. If it wasn't for a slow start he would be right up there with Kucherov in points. The line of Landeskog, Nate and Rantanen is in the running as one of the best in the league, seems to be a guarantee for a goal every game, with Nate driving the offense.

Reactions: Sk8M8

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The metrics indicate he's definitely on pace for a career year he'll probably never repeat again. Will most likely be a 50-55 point player going forward.
how so? his oish% is a little high but there's no way he'll drop down to being a 50 point player barring unforeseen circumstances

Reactions: Paradoc

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
its wierd how things work. the sens are good before the duchene trade, then they are awful after it. mackinnon in meh before the duchene trade and amazing after it.

Reactions: Sk8M8

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
After last year's great World Hockey Championship Nate put in, I said at the time, that I hope that was his last Team Canada experience for a while. Time for him to make a dent in the NHL playoffs and for new players to pay their dues at the WHC...but now, with this season he's delivering, and given playoffs again look out of reach, I hope he plays for a 4th. time. But after that, Nate...it's playoffs or bust.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
FINALLY. Always knew he was this good and couldn’t figure out why he wasn’t dominating the way he obviously can. Such a beautiful skater and one of the most fun players in the league to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes