Player Discussion Nate Schmidt

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
He was a top pairing defenceman on a Stanley Cup contending team. He isn't some cast off, he was playing excellent hockey for Vegas.

exactly! He was a top pairing Dman on an elite team.

Look at his last 3 season

Stanley Cup Finals
1st round playoffs
Western Conference Finals

Yessss pleassssssse

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
suspened 20, he says it was environmental mistake, Vegas investigated and believed him by signing him to long term contract right after. he has passed every ped test since. i believe they test u more once u have failed, like a probationary thing.
Sorry for my ignorance but what is an “environmental mistake” ?

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
He was exactly that in Vegas - played some of the hardest minutes in the league and did it very effectively. He is an excellent all around defender, is dynamic, and plays hard. Really difficult to poke any holes in his game like I said.

I like him as a player but again he's not what I would call "great" defensively. First pair defensively, yes. Top notch, no.

If there were no holes in his game, Vegas wouldn't have ditched him at $6M x 5 with a modified NTC to sign Pietrangelo-- who is 18 months older-- to $8.8M x 7 with a full NMC throughout.

Reactions: Makar27

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Honestly don't know too much about him. I've seen reports saying he's a #1 and others saying a good #4.

Realistically what can we hope for?
He was Vegas #1 since they started
Played some of the toughest mins in the entire league, was threw into the wolves against othe teams best players night in night out so Theodore can thrive behind him offensively

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Sorry for my ignorance but what is an “environmental mistake” ?

No idea, thats just what he filed with the NHLPA.

"The 27-year-old Schmidt said an expert in environmental contamination who testified on his behalf at the appeal hearing likened the amount of the banned substance to a pinch of salt in an Olympic-sized swimming pool. Schmidt said he only takes supplements given to him by his NHL team and has never tested positive before.
The Golden Knights said they disagree with the suspension and "firmly believe that the presence of a trace of the banned substance was accidental and unintentional."

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Just watched the interview and I already love the guy. Miller has already been such a fantastic addition not only on ice but in that locker room and it seems like Schmidt will be another one of those.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I like him as a player but again he's not what I would call "great" defensively. First pair defensively, yes. Top notch, no.

If there were no holes in his game, Vegas wouldn't have ditched him at $6M x 5 with a modified NTC to sign Pietrangelo-- who is 18 months older-- to $8.8M x 7 with a full NMC throughout.

You're wrong and even his underlying stats back him as a really good defensive player.

Vegas had a chance to get a top 5 defenceman, of course they would ditch any player on their roster to get him.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
And more importantly, can we get some for QH43 and EP40?
Elias PEDdersson

7342de8773ddaceaf4de4d2b7f86cd85.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad