Speculation: Nasty NAZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
You want a link from an official source telling the world that Bozak was second off the ice after practice, that's pretty funny. Please do provide some examples of any teams in the history of the NHL providing "official" information regarding when players leave the ice after practice. Can you provide even one such example? Oh you can't, OK then.

Here's a link for you.
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/02/28/leafs-believe-babcock-will-be-their-man

Here's a quote from the article attributed to a "Leafs executive".

“It’s OK to be first off the ice at practice every day when you have Phil Kessel’s freakish gifts,†a Leafs executive said. “But when you’re second off the ice at practice every day and you don’t have those gifts, what are you doing? Why aren’t you working on your game?â€

You're dancing around the question - are you saying you don't believe this?

Hey I understand, you don't want to admit that there is no reason not to believe this so you keep answering a question with a question of your own, asking for "official sources" etc. so don't worry, I won't ask you any more as I'm not out to embarrass you.

I'll just state my opinion for the record - this absolutely has the ring of truth to it. It's not some vague statement, it's a direct quote (note the use of quotation marks in the article) attributed to a Leafs executive.

kessel is gone,taking his influence with him.You say Kadri's attitude has changed since he was suspended by the team,and,there's a good chance Bozak's has too with the departure of his buddy.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
So, Bozak who opening admits to trying to cheat on the face off is a bad person, yet his face off ability is celebrated on these boards.

But that's ok right?

Get off your high horse. :laugh:

You know this guy probably cheats every which way he can in RL. I was just thinking what i said in the previous post then forgot... People who chastise everyone else for doing "a wrong" are often the worst perpetrators. That's some psychology **** right there.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
You said if he was from Alberta he'd be called a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. I simply pointed out that you ignored a very big part of the circus that follows Naz. You like to be very selective in your biased thought process about Kadri. Its OK Kadri can be skilled and troubled at the same time. I prefer players who don't bring their rain clouds with them where ever they go. If he didn't get suspended for multiple team rule infractions, If he didn't do that throat slash, if he didn't dive, I might like him, I personally don't like that circus act. If he was more Wendel Clark and less Matthew Barnaby I'd like him.

I dunno but Darcy Tucker was pretty valuable to us. Perfect player? No. Definitely useful.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Competitive sports (and competitive anything, politics, business, etc.) always involves pushing to the limits and beyond of the rules.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Pronger was scum on the ice.

Are you saying if you cheat and don't get caught it's OK? Well lets take it to the extremes if you take a PED and you don't get caught, its it still OK right? I guess by your standards it is? If you don't get caught no crime was committed? The ends justifies the means?

Messier was scum on the ice as well and has an award named after him.

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
You know this guy probably cheats every which way he can in RL. I was just thinking what i said in the previous post then forgot... People who chastise everyone else for doing "a wrong" are often the worst perpetrators. That's some psychology **** right there.

should change it from the National Hockey Leauge to the JUSTICE LEAGUE.

SMH

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Messier was scum on the ice as well and has an award named after him.

Don't worry he is probably the environmental activist that drives a SUV, drinks bottled water and dumps paint and waste chemicals down the drain. It's hilarious to be calling someone out on embellishment.

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
Don't worry he is probably the environmental activist that drives a SUV, drinks bottled water and dumps paint and waste chemicals down the drain. It's hilarious to be calling someone out on embellishment.

I can't comprehend the people who hate him for drawing penalties that benefit the team.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
kessel is gone,taking his influence with him.You say Kadri's attitude has changed since he was suspended by the team,and,there's a good chance Bozak's has too with the departure of his buddy.

I think there's been a lot of attitude shifts. Attitudes seem very contextually based for most players. Personally, I see it as a few wide groups:

* Leaders. Those that set examples and push others to follow and match them.
* Followers. Those that tend to match the atmosphere of the locker room.
* Lonewolfs. Those that go their own way no matter what. Can be both positive and negative. Both Santorelli, who will do his professional routine no matter what, and Kessel, who does what he wants no matter what.

I think one of the problems with our previous core group is that it was almost entirely of the two latter categories. Bozak, Kadri, JVR, Gardiner etc all strike me as the follower types. They are hard working now because we are a hard working team, but weren't in the previous regime.

We only really had Phaneuf and a very young Rielly to set examples in our core group, and they were off-set by the Kessel.

If you read interviews about successful teams like LA and Chicago, they all mention how their players set the bar higher and higher, constantly challenging each other to match. That's something I'd like to see here as well.

Of course, this is all based on outside impressions.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Call it diving, call it embilshing, its all a dog with the same name to me. It's acting in a dishonest way for the purpose to manipulate the refs.
Do you think hockey players don't try to do things to manipulate refs?
It's a rhetorical question you don't have to answer.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I can't comprehend the people who hate him for drawing penalties that benefit the team.

It's as asinine as hating your toes because their nails grow while completely discounting the fact that they enable you to walk properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad