Nashville Predators talk - The Offseason

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Do you know if yesterday was just Brady ‘that’s a no’, Marchy, and Wedgewood, that would’ve been a good day. Throwing Stamkos top was wow just a new level of outrageousness
I sent that skit to the guy who sits in front of me at games. He'd never seen it before (!) One of my favorites. Also yes to all. And now we get a new Keiffer so that's good. I like that name.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I truly hope Trotz is working the phones as we speak.. Cap space is quickly running out around the league and soon he will have no takers for Glass or whoever he wants to move to make room.
I suspect it already has run out in terms of being able to move Glass "for free". I doubt he wants to pay to move him, but we'll probably have to include a sweetener now. :(

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Glass is young enough that you might find someone still that is willing to take him for future considerations. He can fill space for a year on the cheap without any commitment in the future.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Looks like the schedule was released yesterday. We bumped down to half STH for next season and it's been quite awhile since we've been at this level. I remember in the past they offered two ticket package options. Does anyone know if that has been the case recently and when they usually do that?
Yes, they still give 2 plans to choose from, gold or blue. In the past each plan contained the home opener and season finale, but now you get one or the other. And you only get one preseason game per plan.

Now that the schedule is out, they should be sending out the 2 plans in the next week or two. They usually give you a few weeks to decide.

Later in the summer they usually send out parking packages, too, and you can buy either the Pinnacle or Music City Center for whichever plan you pick. (I'm assuming they will still be offering those 2 garages.)

Just continue to watch your email!

Reactions: LCPreds

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Pretty much the only team I can see Glass being traded to anymore is Calgary. Loads of cap space and not much center depth after Kadri and Backlund.

San Jose has shored up their middle lane. As has Anaheim.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Went to the 3 on 3 tournament today. Got to stand next to Trotz the entire time. His choice, not mine....haha.

It was an interesting format and while it was a competition and there was some physicality, I think the coaches asked them to dial it back so there wasn't a lot of checking.

Surin is as advertised. Super smart, dialed it up when he needed to. Has a rocket of a shot. Made one of the best passes on the tape for someone to tap it in.

Stiga I didn't see a ton of but when I did, he's got good hands and is cerebral. He was annoyed at himself for not scoring a couple of times but he was a vocal leader on the ice and was able to cycle effectively. Only group who really did so and it paid off a couple of times. Also had a nice goal where his placement was perfect without laying into the shot.

Gojsic is bigger than I was expecting. Has great wheels for his size. Also had one of the best shots to score a goal that I saw. Left wing side went top shelf opposite corner. Has a good compete level too.

Gustafson was a bit of a surprise. Could be a nice find. Solid hands and a bit chippy at times.

Enjoyed watching Lind as he drove the net a few times and for a guy his size, he went there without hesitation.

Fink was noticeable offensively. Had one fantastic pass setting up a teammate to score and had a goal where he head faked what seemed like 3 or 4 times and blew a wrister past the goalie. Could be a late round steal if he continues to develop.

Wood seemed like he wasn't into it. Then again, I may be expecting too much. Drove the net a bunch and hardly finished any plays. Needs work on this skating.

Molendyk didn't do much offensively but wasn't noticeable defensively as he has great ice awareness.

Gibson had a nice day too. Moves really well for a larger guy. Not afraid to jump into the play. His group was in the finals and with a few seconds left, he got in front of shot to block it and you could tell it stung him but everyone from both teams gave the stick taps for his effort.

Always hard to tell with so many things going on at once. They had separated the ice into halves so I couldn't watch both games at the same time. Tried to focus on the guys I knew and tried to get a feel for them.

I think Gojsic was the surprise player for me today. His speed, fluidness and burst were impressive. I also believe people are going to enjoy Surin.

FYI, didn't talk to Trotz as I didn't want to interrupt him at work.

Was fun to be at the rink today as I haven't had a chance to do this in a long time.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Went to the 3 on 3 tournament today. Got to stand next to Trotz the entire time. His choice, not mine....haha.

It was an interesting format and while it was a competition and there was some physicality, I think the coaches asked them to dial it back so there wasn't a lot of checking.

Surin is as advertised. Super smart, dialed it up when he needed to. Has a rocket of a shot. Made one of the best passes on the tape for someone to tap it in.

Stiga I didn't see a ton of but when I did, he's got good hands and is cerebral. He was annoyed at himself for not scoring a couple of times but he was a vocal leader on the ice and was able to cycle effectively. Only group who really did so and it paid off a couple of times. Also had a nice goal where his placement was perfect without laying into the shot.

Gojsic is bigger than I was expecting. Has great wheels for his size. Also had one of the best shots to score a goal that I saw. Left wing side went top shelf opposite corner. Has a good compete level too.

Gustafson was a bit of a surprise. Could be a nice find. Solid hands and a bit chippy at times.

Enjoyed watching Lind as he drove the net a few times and for a guy his size, he went there without hesitation.

Fink was noticeable offensively. Had one fantastic pass setting up a teammate to score and had a goal where he head faked what seemed like 3 or 4 times and blew a wrister past the goalie. Could be a late round steal if he continues to develop.

Wood seemed like he wasn't into it. Then again, I may be expecting too much. Drove the net a bunch and hardly finished any plays. Needs work on this skating.

Molendyk didn't do much offensively but wasn't noticeable defensively as he has great ice awareness.

Gibson had a nice day too. Moves really well for a larger guy. Not afraid to jump into the play. His group was in the finals and with a few seconds left, he got in front of shot to block it and you could tell it stung him but everyone from both teams gave the stick taps for his effort.

Always hard to tell with so many things going on at once. They had separated the ice into halves so I couldn't watch both games at the same time. Tried to focus on the guys I knew and tried to get a feel for them.

I think Gojsic was the surprise player for me today. His speed, fluidness and burst were impressive. I also believe people are going to enjoy Surin.

Was fun to be at the rink today as I haven't had a chance to do this in a long time.
Thanks for the write up. This'll be the first camp I have missed since Austin Watson's days.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth

should have given bim the link to nahsville hfboards so he can get some good ideas on running the team

Reactions: Preds Partisan

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Can't find the info, but anyone know if the future stars game is open to all for free attendance? I know they've sold cheap tickets in the past.
From the Preds website:
The intrasquad game is open to the public with seating available on a first-come, first-served basis; Smashville Loyal members will have access to a reserved seating location, also available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad