Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'm sticking with Chistyakov only because he has impressed me in like the 2 times I've seen him play. But that is basing it on essentially nothing. Ufko, Del Gaizo, new picks, Wilsby, pretty much anybody of the remaining field could easily be the better choice here and I'm reasonably certain hindsight will prove us wrong on the remaining rankings we do, even though it's fun to do do them all the same.
:thumbu:

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Do we still consider Novak a prospect? Just realized he hasn't been in the polls but meets the game cutoff. Same goes for Ingram too really.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Yeah I meant Connor Ingram hasn’t been in any of these pills but is still sort of a prospect.
Ingram is 25. I’m not sure if there’s an age cutoff for when someone stops being a prospect. I know goalies and dmen tend to come along slower though so he might not be too old to be considered

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Couple of questions before we continue:

How far should we go with the rankings?
And should I add Ingram and Novak? I honestly forgot about both of them

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I feel like everyone is sleeping on Adam Ingram.

Most had him rated as an earliesh second round pick in this past draft. Central Scouting had him rated as a first round at 27 even. In fact only 1 out of 6 had him rated to go lower than 2nd round. Not to mention he is a 6'2" centre that has always put up points at every level he has played at. I am quite excited about snagging him in the third round of this past draft.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty

Most had him rated as an earliesh second round pick in this past draft. Central Scouting had him rated as a first round at 27 even. In fact only 1 out of 6 had him rated to go lower than 2nd round. Not to mention he is a 6'2" centre that has always put up points at every level he has played at. I am quite excited about snagging him in the third round of this past draft.
It'll be nice that he's NCAA. It's really easy to keep track of these guys and see how their seasons are going.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

I just try not to get my hopes up for centers that we draft. We don’t exactly have a great track record there.

10 makes sense

I’d leave Novak and Connor Ingram out since they’re 25 but that’s just me. Gotta move them out of prospect status at some point

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

Most of the other team boards go to 20? But to be honest, I'm already pretty much at the point of picking names out of a hat. I mean, we can all read the list of accomplishments on Elite Prospects and whatnot, but that doesn't really leave me with any truly strong opinion on how to rank #9 vs. #18 in this particular group. Some years it might, but this field seems pretty wide open insofar as the armchair scouting goes.

I assumed Ingram and Novak were deemed to be aged out/graduated... well, they would rank ahead of Afanaseyev at least on this list if they were included, right? They both have shown they can play in the NHL, even if it's not certain that they actually will this coming season. Which is more than most prospects will ever manage. :dunno:

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Yeah I brought it up the Ingram/Novak thing but at this point might as well leave them out and just say the prospects are under 25 and under 30 NHL GP.

We went to 20 prospects last time so could be nice to go a bit longer than 10 at least. I know I have very little concept of how to compare these prospects at this point so I'm fine to stop whenever but it is kind of fun to look at the list from last year and see the risers. For instance Prokop went from outside the top 20 last year to number 8 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad