• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I'm not sure how much higher Svechkov's ceiling is compared to L'Heureux' (if any) but so far I've liked everything I've seen from Svechkov whereas L'Heureux' development has been full of question marks.

Can't believe the Evangelista hype around here. In no way should he be ahead of Svechkov and L'Heureux.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Went with JP just because hes farther along than Svech and L'H. They both probably have a higher ceiling but Parssinen is almost there already

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I'm not sure how much higher Svechkov's ceiling is compared to L'Heureux' (if any) but so far I've liked everything I've seen from Svechkov whereas L'Heureux' development has been full of question marks.

Can't believe the Evangelista hype around here. In no way should he be ahead of Svechkov and L'Heureux.
For what it's worth, Scott Wheeler of the athletic had Kemmel in the mid teens (edit: it was 19) for his annual top 50 prospect ranking. Evangelista was an honorable mention as the only other pred in the article.

Edit: this is for skaters only

I think you can read a few articles for free each month if you don't subscribe

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
FWIW, I wouldn't mind seeing Del Gaizo and Campbell hit the list. I mean, I don't think they are going to be top-10, so maybe it's early. But by all reports Del Gaizo was probably our best "prospect defenseman" in Milwaukee last season? And Campbell ended up the leading scorer on his NCAA team at the somewhat tender age of 20.
:dunno:

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
For what it's worth, Scott Wheeler of the athletic had Kemmel in the mid teens (edit: it was 19) for his annual top 50 prospect ranking. Evangelista was an honorable mention as the only other pred in the article.

Edit: this is for skaters only

I think you can read a few articles for free each month if you don't subscribe

Askarov was #2 behind Walstedt in the Goalie version

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth

i think svechkov can be barkov lite.

ZLH seems like he will be a decent 3rd line guy but i think svechkov could be our #1 center

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Hey, maybe one day, it’ll be:
Kemell-Svechkov-L’Heureux
Forsberg-Parssinen-Evangelista
Afanasyev-Glass-Duchene
Tomasino-Trenin-Jeannot
Nurmi-Novak
I could cheer for that lineup.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011

Not that I am arguing with you because I think Svechkov, L'Heureux and Evangelista are all great prospects, but why do you say no way should Luke be ahead of the other two? Just because of draft pedigree?
Luke looked like a monster in the OHL last year, I even got to see him live a couple times I was super impressed. Mind you I did not see the other two live at all, just curious why you rank them much higher than Evangelista?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Not that I am arguing with you because I think Svechkov, L'Heureux and Evangelista are all great prospects, but why do you say no way should Luke be ahead of the other two? Just because of draft pedigree?
Luke looked like a monster in the OHL last year, I even got to see him live a couple times I was super impressed. Mind you I did not see the other two live at all, just curious why you rank them much higher than Evangelista?
I just don’t see it with Evangelista. He’s a flashy junior scorer but those things don’t always translate to men. He hasn’t been picked for Team Canada even though ”he was a monster in the OHL” and that should also tell you something. I’d love to be proven wrong, though.

For the record, I am worried about L’Heureux’ development as well. He has not gotten anywhere in the last two years. He does have his feistyness which could make him a useful asset even if not a scoring threat in the NHL. I think he tops out as a bottom-sixer at this point.

Svechkov is a tier above these two, imo. Lot more maturity in his game, he’s a responsible two-way center. Safer prospect if you will but I still like his game more than the two. Could see him developing into a top-six center.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I just don’t see it with Evangelista. He’s a flashy junior scorer but those things don’t always translate to men. He hasn’t been picked for Team Canada even though ”he was a monster in the OHL” and that should also tell you something. I’d love to be proven wrong, though.

For the record, I am worried about L’Heureux’ development as well. He has not gotten anywhere in the last two years. He does have his feistyness which could make him a useful asset even if not a scoring threat in the NHL. I think he tops out as a bottom-sixer at this point.

Svechkov is a tier above these two, imo. Lot more maturity in his game, he’s a responsible two-way center. Safer prospect if you will but I still like his game more than the two. Could see him developing into a top-six center.

I mean Evangelista just had his breakout season last season which would explain why he was never on Team Canada. Better late than never though I guess. I hope he continues to develop at a rapid offensive rate but time will tell, he could easily flop.

L'Heureux I kind of see as a Tootoo in the NHL once he makes it (if he does) but without as hard of hitting that Tootoo used to bring.

Svechkov I am really curious about, some scouts say top 6 centre as you said but others criticize his game from what I have read, but he definitely has the most maturity in his game I will agree there and from what I have seen he seems to see the ice very well.

All I know is it is going to be fun watching these guys all develop into what they develop into, I cannot remember a time when we ever had this many stud forward prospects to be excited about!

Reactions: Scoresberg

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think L'Heureux has a lot more skill overall than Tootoo.
Hopefully we'll find out. But I think this helps emphasize the difficulty in judging junior prospects... Tootoo was a leading scorer for his team in junior too and played in the WJC. He ended up somewhere completely different as an NHL player. But some of these guys, or Beck and Latta and Spaling types etc, they can look pretty good in junior and those types of numbers do not always translate. It's nice to have those prospects like Evangelista and L'Heureux on our list, just unless I was really watching them closely myself I would be very cautious about ranking them TOO high.

I'm kind of astonished this poll has L'Heureux so close to Svechkov as well. I mean, a little over a calendar year ago the Predators staff themselves had Svechkov ahead, right? What has happened since then besides L'Heureux continuing to have discipline issues and having an overall disappointing season? :huh:

Reactions: Scoresberg

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
What makes you say that? Numbers are quite similar for juniors. I have never seen L'Heureux play live so I cannot comment.
Mainly watching him. Tootoo was a one trick pony, he'd skate down the wing and rip a slapper. That was never going to translate.

Hopefully we'll find out. But I think this helps emphasize the difficulty in judging junior prospects... Tootoo was a leading scorer for his team in junior too and played in the WJC. He ended up somewhere completely different as an NHL player. But some of these guys, or Beck and Latta and Spaling types etc, they can look pretty good in junior and those types of numbers do not always translate. It's nice to have those prospects like Evangelista and L'Heureux on our list, just unless I was really watching them closely myself I would be very cautious about ranking them TOO high.

I'm kind of astonished this poll has L'Heureux so close to Svechkov as well. I mean, a little over a calendar year ago the Predators staff themselves had Svechkov ahead, right? What has happened since then besides L'Heureux continuing to have discipline issues and having an overall disappointing season? :huh:
he had a good camp, and got good reviews this year. I don't have an opinion on Svechkov, I've not seen him in camps.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019

My understanding was that Svechkov was more of a sure thing prospect to make the NHL but had the lower ceiling whereas L'Hereux had the higher ceiling but could very easily flame out. If it's close between two I'll take the higher upside/higher risk player.

Fortunately since this is a democracy my largely uneducated opinion is equal to those of you who actually watch the prospects play!

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think Svechkov’s offensive game is also really underrated. He could work on his shot but his vision and his passing are very good. His Hockey IQ is also high-end in the offensive zone.

He’s not going to be the guy to clean up the garbage in front of the net but if he can work on his shot I could see him putting up 20 g’s in the NHL.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I just haven't seen anything from Svech since highlights from his draft year. If I am ranking him it's purely based on the teams draft postion. He played 40 games in a league you have to use google translate just to get team names and lineup information.

I am genuinely curious how much communication they have with a guy like him or Chistyakov. I know in recent team aticles they talk about development coaches who watch every game and provide feedback. I wonder if it's harder in these situations. Getting film, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad