Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I think Evangelista and L'Heureux are the only 2 prospects who have top 6 upside remaining. Tough call, but I'll say Evangelista. L'Heureux development has been ok, but he's not really jumped like I had hoped...maybe the suspensions have been a factor.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
To me it's between Svechkov and Parssinen. Parssinen has already been doing it in a men's league. But I wonder if his skillset has some fundamental limitation that might be hit against NHL competition? Svechkov has that extra slight remove where that's not as obvious yet.

Again, I just don't think you can rank "pure juniors" like L'Heureux and Evangelista against what guys like Svechkov, Parssinen, and even Afanaseyev have done against more mature competition.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
To me it's between Svechkov and Parssinen. Parssinen has already been doing it in a men's league. But I wonder if his skillset has some fundamental limitation that might be hit against NHL competition? Svechkov has that extra slight remove where that's not as obvious yet.

Again, I just don't think you can rank "pure juniors" like L'Heureux and Evangelista against what guys like Svechkov, Parssinen, and even Afanaseyev have done against more mature competition.
I think there is value in both of those guys and they will all fall in a rough row in the next 4-5 spots here. I just value a chance at being a top 6 guy higher in my personal opinion.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think there is value in both of those guys and they will all fall in a rough row in the next 4-5 spots here. I just value a chance at being a top 6 guy higher in my personal opinion.
I guess I see Svechkov as a potential #2C and Parssinen... well he has been #1C already elsewhere so who really knows... and I've seen A LOT of junior kids put up gaudy stats to eventually end up in Switzerland. So maybe I am lacking a few specific real scouting details on L'Heureux and Evangelista to know for sure, but they don't seem to have demonstrated any likelihood of being top-6 guys at all yet to me. :dunno:

Reactions: Scoresberg

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I guess I see Svechkov as a potential #2C and Parssinen... well he has been #1C already elsewhere so who really knows... and I've seen A LOT of junior kids put up gaudy stats to eventually end up in Switzerland. So maybe I am lacking a few specific real scouting details on L'Heureux and Evangelista to know for sure, but they don't seem to have demonstrated any likelihood of being top-6 guys at all yet to me. :dunno:
I hope they both turn into top 6 C's as that is yet again a pretty strong organizational need.

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Based on one brief view Parssinen is darn good. NHL sometime next year. Watch.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
I think Evangelista and L'Heureux are the only 2 prospects who have top 6 upside remaining. Tough call, but I'll say Evangelista. L'Heureux development has been ok, but he's not really jumped like I had hoped...maybe the suspensions have been a factor.
parssinenn and glass my dude

also what about svechkov??

Re #3 the choice is clear: Svechkov

we must remember Craig Button had him st like 10 overall for his 2021 rankings

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
parssinenn and glass my dude

also what about svechkov??

Re #3 the choice is clear: Svechkov

we must remember Craig Button had him st like 10 overall for his 2021 rankings

He was actually ranked 6th. Added bonus, L’Heureux was 12th.

To take it a step further… he had Kemmel at 3 this year.

So let’s just say that if one believes Craig Button’s rankings are legit, this means the Preds pulled in quite a haul over the past 2 drafts while also making the playoffs each season. And they’re all forwards for once.

Last edited:

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Egor was a healthy scratch in the playoffs. I'm not sure he's done that much against tougher competition but hopefully he can step his game up next season. Having Askarov around may help for morale as well versus being the only Russian on the Admirals.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Yeah I think Afanaseyev may get a game or two this year and I still hope he can be a decent player, but his numbers last year in the AHL don't seem like a guy who is going to be fighting for a permanent roster spot yet. Other than looking good in camps what has he really done to show he's one of our top prospects?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Egor was a healthy scratch in the playoffs. I'm not sure he's done that much against tougher competition but hopefully he can step his game up next season. Having Askarov around may help for morale as well versus being the only Russian on the Admirals.
I have no interest in promoting Afanaseyev in particular, although he does seem to have more of an NHL physique, and simply playing in the KHL and AHL at all does represent tougher competition than the junior kids. Plus he was also in the World Juniors, plus when he was a junior his draft ranking was not significantly different than those juniors. So even having a disappointing AHL season and not being ready for the NHL yet either, that is STILL more than Evangelista and L'Heureux have shown to date. Perhaps in a couple years they will pass him, we'll see. I guess it is just more of a statement of philosophy from me that I prefer more mature prospects to junior prospects in a ranking, all else being relatively equal. It's not about the individuals in question here so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad