• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Matier or Olsson. Both have looked quite strong thus far. Matier is a consideration for Canada’s 2023 WJC Team.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Voting Gunnarwolfe from here on out until he's selected solely because of his name

Reactions: triggrman

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'll vote Nurmi and then probably Del Gaizo. The former was the leading scorer for his Liiga team (Parssinen's team) and he's 6-4/200... I mean, that's impressive production in a men's league at a relatively young age. I don't know if he has flaws that will prohibit him from translating into the NHL or why the Sens didn't sign him, but his numbers for 5 years playing against men in one of the top leagues in the world are quite good. And then Del Gaizo seemed to emerge as our top prospect defenseman at the AHL level last season.

Some of the younger prospects may well turn out to be better, but I like that these two older ones have shown success already in men's leagues.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I'll vote Nurmi and then probably Del Gaizo. The former was the leading scorer for his Liiga team (Parssinen's team) and he's 6-4/200... I mean, that's impressive production in a men's league at a relatively young age. I don't know if he has flaws that will prohibit him from translating into the NHL or why the Sens didn't sign him, but his numbers for 5 years playing against men in one of the top leagues in the world are quite good. And then Del Gaizo seemed to emerge as our top prospect defenseman at the AHL level last season.

Some of the younger prospects may well turn out to be better, but I like that these two older ones have shown success already in men's leagues.
I almost don't even view Nurmi as a prospect though. He's more like a stab at an overseas signing to me. I don't think it really matters except for the sake of this vote. I hope he turns into a guy that we worry about having the money for next year.

Edit: He's the same class as Fabbro, Girard, Pitlick, the Russian goaltender we've got no info on, and some other guys who are long gone from our system.

I like DelGaizo as a sneaky guy who could end up getting big league minutes after Boro is gone.

Last edited:

Jukurit

May 16, 2022

I think Nurmi and Pärssinen are close in terms of NHL potential. Nurmi was really impressive in Liiga playoffs.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I am amazed Adam Ingram is still left. He was a projected second rounder from this past draft and slipped to us in the third. I was so stoked when we draft him. How is he not in our top ten?? Kid is a stud.
Afanasyev went 7th overall on this list and I feel thats just because of his draft pedigree of being a second rounder, because he certainly is not making very big strides since being drafted....

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I am amazed Adam Ingram is still left. He was a projected second rounder from this past draft and slipped to us in the third. I was so stoked when we draft him. How is he not in our top ten?? Kid is a stud.
Afanasyev went 7th overall on this list and I feel thats just because of his draft pedigree of being a second rounder, because he certainly is not making very big strides since being drafted....
With Afanaseyev it was more about how good he looked in camp.

There are a few other guys too who might have been ranked in the 2nd round but “slipped” right? Ingram will hopefully climb up this list in future years.

Reactions: maplepred

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
It’s definitely a top 20 in the name department for me
Thats actually an interesting topic. What is the coolest name of a hockey player ever?

I used to think Khabibulin was a wild name, or Darius Kasparaitius lol

Cheechoo and Tootoo have to be up there as well.

Miroslav Satan 👹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad