GDT: Nashville Predators @ New York Rangers - 10/21/17: "Weirdest Start Time Ever" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
We indeed had possession and shots.
But no good spots to shoot the puck from.
The away games look so slow and unimaginative compared to home ones.
no net front traffic. passing is cool and all but there was no real threat other than a shot from up top with no traffic or the cross ice pass which New York stopped.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Hmm.. Emelin had the time to just skate the puck out, but decides to dive and pass it to Hayes. Salomäki can't backcheck for his life and Saros also loses the puck.
All that to give someone who doesn't even realize that he scores, his 1st goal of the season..

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well, up until that goal, I was going to say that I didn't think the team looked that bad. Still don't think they have, but they seem to me to be playing down to the competition, which is... less than ideal. Need a little more push.

And Emelin is still the Emelin I have long known and hated. Sigh.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
What a goat rope that was. Saros stops the breakaway and his teammates just sit there with their thumbs up their ass while the trailer comes in and pokes the puck in....

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Emelin just hit the puck right to Hays. Saros with a good 1st save but nobody could clear the puck or block out Fast

Reactions: Viqsi

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Well, up until that goal, I was going to say that I didn't think the team looked that bad. Still don't think they have, but they seem to me to be playing down to the competition, which is... less than ideal. Need a little more push.

And Emelin is still the Emelin I have long known and hated. Sigh.
What are you talking about? This team has been a garbage fire all game so far.

Another thing, if they aren’t going to play Girard, send him back down. He is not learning a thing sitting in the press box.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What a goat rope that was. Saros stops the breakaway and his teammates just sit there with their thumbs up their ass while the trailer comes in and pokes the puck in....
If you look carefully, they tried. They missed. Fast didn't.

Bad execution.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Jeeesz how many times is Subban going to fail to hold the puck on the PP??

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
If you look carefully, they tried. They missed. Fast didn't.

Bad execution.
All I saw was one guy skate right past the crease without even noticing the puck lying on the ice and Salomaki being useless

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
What are you talking about? This team has been a garbage fire all game so far.

Another thing, if they aren’t going to play Girard, send him back down. He is not learning a thing sitting in the press box.
I have a feeling they are trying to spread him out a bit. Let's him get used to the day to day of the NHL, see how things are and they also get a bit more time to figure it all out.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
All I saw was one guy skate right past the crease without even noticing the puck lying on the ice and Salomaki being useless
What NoNecksCurse said. Subban saw it, and reached back, but missed it. Salomaki tried to get there and blew it, and Emelin just sort of went "oh gosh I hope my goaltender bails me out".

Reactions: NoNecksCurse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad