GDT: Nashville Predators 2024 Training Camp

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I still dont understand why we wouldnt send him down so we can carry an extra dman... unless we are really doing him a solid to maintain his NHL pay while he is going through something.
He doesn't count against the roster so he's not keeping us from having someone else there. I really think its all about the cap and accruing some cap space.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Probably part of it but this is what Brunette had to say:

While I get what he's saying, rolling with 6 D is not ideal. As I said in another post, a guy tweaks something or takes a puck to the face in warmups, while rare, still happens and you're starting the game off with 5 D and 13 F on the off chance one of them can take a shift every now and again.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
While I get what he's saying, rolling with 6 D is not ideal. As I said in another post, a guy tweaks something or takes a puck to the face in warmups, while rare, still happens and you're starting the game off with 5 D and 13 F on the off chance one of them can take a shift every now and again.
Yeah I think I'd probably at least bring Gravel up or something to be a body. Although I don't think it would be that huge of a deal to just roll 5D for a game. I guess the real concern is if Josi/Skjei go down since those are a lot of minutes to eat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad