Proposal: Nashville NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
to preds rick nash 7.8 2 years left.

to NYR nashville 1st (most likely between 25-30 by adding nash to that already solid team) jack dougherty and one year cap dump. maybe colin wilson since he might be claimed in expansion draft anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:

Group Chat Legend*

to preds rick nash 7.8 2 years left.

to NYR nashville 1st (most likely between 25-30 by adding nash to that already solid team) jack dougherty and one year cap dump. maybe colin wilson since he might be claimed in expansion draft anyway?

Pretty bad for Nashville

Last edited by a moderator:

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Colin Wilson is cap dump value? Damn I really lost track of this guy. Always thought he had decent value

KreiderHouseRules*

The value isn't that bad, but the timing is off. Maybe if NYR retained 50% right now.

Nash's value is too low right now. He's worth more to NYR than any return they'd get right now. He had a down, injury-plagued season.

Let him score 25+ by the deadline and then you'll have teams calling for him with minimal retention necessary.

IMO, he'll be more valuable to NYR anyway. He's going to bounce back and be the 30+ goal scorer he's been his entire career.

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
Bad for Nashville.

Nash is coming of down year and is overpaid at this point while Preds give up 1st and Doughtry. Wilson also did have 13pts in 14 games in playoffs after bad reg season plus his contract doesn't hurt the preds really. This trade has preds giving way too much future for a 32 yr old overpaid winger that really does not have good value nor is providing major upgrade over what they have.

PeterLax

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Take out the 1st. Dougherty and Wilson is enough value at Nash's cap hit. Nash would be exposed by the Preds anyways, he's a one year rental for them.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
some variant of this can work, but deal should be put off, unless inquiries on Nash = him going sooner than later, so courtesy chance for Preds to make a bid.

have Nash max his value with good start to season

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
some variant of this can work, but deal should be put off, unless inquiries on Nash = him going sooner than later, so courtesy chance for Preds to make a bid.

have Nash max his value with good start to season

If Wilson may be claimed at the expansion draft, why wouldn't Nash? There would be no reason to protect him over Subban, Josi, Ekholm or Ellis. Also, if this is a courtesy and NY is giving Nashville a chance to make a bid now why Nashville pay a premium? Nash's value is pretty low at the moment.

No thanks. I have little interest in obtaining Nash at all, so it would have to be a sweetheart deal for us.

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK
Bad for Nashville.

Nash is coming of down year and is overpaid at this point while Preds give up 1st and Doughtry. Wilson also did have 13pts in 14 games in playoffs after bad reg season plus his contract doesn't hurt the preds really. This trade has preds giving way too much future for a 32 yr old overpaid winger that really does not have good value nor is providing major upgrade over what they have.

Even if you look at the terrible injury plagued year he had last year with his lowest ATOI since his rookie year, Nash and his 15g would still have been good for 5th among forwards on the preds.

The guy is a consistent scoring force:
Excluding the lockout shortened season, out of the remaining 12 seasons there has been:
2 seasons where he has scored under 25G ,
4 seasons where he has scored under 30G.

7th in goals/60 since he joined the Rangers.

So you're telling me you wouldnt give up a late first a B prospect and a cap dump for a guy who is at worst going to be a steady top 6 contributor espcially when he wont be the primary threat on that Nashville team and is only 1 year removed from a 40+ year season ? Lunacy.

If thats the best we can get then I think we will be very very happy to keep Rick Nash.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Even if you look at the terrible injury plagued year he had last year with his lowest ATOI since his rookie year, Nash and his 15g would still have been good for 5th among forwards on the preds.

The guy is a consistent scoring force:
Excluding the lockout shortened season, out of the remaining 12 seasons there has been:
2 seasons where he has scored under 25G ,
4 seasons where he has scored under 30G.

7th in goals/60 since he joined the Rangers.

So you're telling me you wouldnt give up a late first a B prospect and a cap dump for a guy who is at worst going to be a steady top 6 contributor espcially when he wont be the primary threat on that Nashville team and is only 1 year removed from a 40+ year season ? Lunacy.

If thats the best we can get then I think we will be very very happy to keep Rick Nash.

When we only get 1 year of Nash and he's gone, it's not worth it. He would very likely be claimed in the expansion draft. We are better off keeping what we have.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If Wilson may be claimed at the expansion draft, why wouldn't Nash? There would be no reason to protect him over Subban, Josi, Ekholm or Ellis. Also, if this is a courtesy and NY is giving Nashville a chance to make a bid now why Nashville pay a premium? Nash's value is pretty low at the moment.

No thanks. I have little interest in obtaining Nash at all, so it would have to be a sweetheart deal for us.

sorry if this came off the wrong way.

What I meant was. Nash is undervalued now so unless someone is in a hurry to get him, we should wait until the season is underway, and he shows enough to up his stock.

If that happens, and I assume it will, it should be an open market, and Preds should not be excluded.

I did not, and did not mean to, suggest Preds overpay a premium for him, esp. now. I meant NY should wait til his market value rises on its own, and be receptive to all suitors.

As for expansion draft, whether Nash is a 1 yr only rental for you guys or club in a similar boat or is protected for both years, I did not go there.

Nash to Nashville sounds nice, but I don't see the fit.
Issue of what is overpayment here aside, not sure we agree on current fair market value.

btw, tmi, congrats on heist of Subban.:amazed:

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I'd think Nashville would be more interested in Klein?

Don't you guys need someone on D who meets what is needed to be exposed? And also maybe need a RD that can play top 4 should any of the RD on your team become injured, or if healthy play better than Weber,

I don't know your depth very well so please excuse me if I am off.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'd think Nashville would be more interested in Klein?

Don't you guys need someone on D who meets what is needed to be exposed? And also maybe need a RD that can play top 4 should any of the RD on your team become injured, or if healthy play better than Weber,

I don't know your depth very well so please excuse me if I am off.

We have 2 other solutions to this.
1) Play Bitetto more than 40 games
2) Re-sign Y. Weber or Carle before the season ends.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
We have 2 other solutions to this.
1) Play Bitetto more than 40 games
2) Re-sign Y. Weber or Carle before the season ends.

That brings up something I had not thought about, 2) I wonder if players that know they are likely to be exposed will sign an extension knowing that is the likely purpose?

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
That brings up something I had not thought about, 2) I wonder if players that know they are likely to be exposed will sign an extension knowing that is the likely purpose?

If they believe they likely won't be picked up and the team they are signing with is one they want to be on why not? Sign Carle/Weber to a one year extension.... odds are Vegas passes em up unless Weber has a banner year.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
If they believe they likely won't be picked up and the team they are signing with is one they want to be on why not? Sign Carle/Weber to a one year extension.... odds are Vegas passes em up unless Weber has a banner year.

I guess it depends on what is offered, and how they play but if they are only offering like 600- 700K, 1 year, why not just wait until free agency to see if anyone offers more?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I guess it depends on what is offered, and how they play but if they are only offering like 600- 700K, 1 year, why not just wait until free agency to see if anyone offers more?

If I were a GM, I'd be willing to offer up an extra 500-750k or so to help convince them and after that year cut my losses with them when their contract is up if needed.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
My offer has always been Nash for Arvidsson, one of their almost NHL ready prospects and a 1st or a 2nd depending on how much we retain.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Smith, Fabbro, 1st.

The Rangers don't have to trade Nash. It's all a matter of how badly does Nashville want to view for the cup that they want to turn Craig Smith into Rick Nash.

I'm sure the Rangers can retain some salary, add a player or two that helps Nashville win. Like an Oscar Lindberg or Jesper Fast. Rangers also have a prospect in Graves that's a year and a half to two away from the show... a quicker path perhaps than for Fabbro.

Graves is 6'5" 220, and comes with good pedigree from the Q. Top pair on Memorial Cup teams. AHL All-Star in Rookie year. About to enter year two.

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
Personally, I would not do the first even up for Nash. I just think his head is not in the game any more.

PeterLax

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My offer has always been Nash for Arvidsson, one of their almost NHL ready prospects and a 1st or a 2nd depending on how much we retain.

I'd be quite fine with this. Who would you be thinking for a prospect? Does NY need defense or forwards? Dougherty or Carrier if you need D, Aberg if you need F? Kamenev, Fiala and Saros would be off the table.

Smith, Fabbro, 1st.

The Rangers don't have to trade Nash. It's all a matter of how badly does Nashville want to view for the cup that they want to turn Craig Smith into Rick Nash.

I'm sure the Rangers can retain some salary, add a player or two that helps Nashville win. Like an Oscar Lindberg or Jesper Fast. Rangers also have a prospect in Graves that's a year and a half to two away from the show... a quicker path perhaps than for Fabbro.

Graves is 6'5" 220, and comes with good pedigree from the Q. Top pair on Memorial Cup teams. AHL All-Star in Rookie year. About to enter year two.

2 firsts and a top-6 forward for Nash? That's ridiculous, Kessel didn't even get that much.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Personally, I would not do the first even up for Nash. I just think his head is not in the game any more.

That's quite the statement there with nothing to back it up.

Not sure how anyone could possibly come to this realization without dealing with Nash personally on a day to day basis.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Smith, Fabbro, 1st.

We don't HAVE to trade Nash. But it would make a hell of a lot of sense to.

With or without Nash were probably not Cup contenders this season. Instead of waiting a year to trade Nash (his value can drop even further as he gets older and less term, and especially if he doesn't have a bounce back season), we might as well get the most we can for him. Same for Zuccarello and Klein.

There's no point in waiting until we totally bottom out within 3 years and then start rebuilding. Our prime assets are only getting older and further depreciated.

We should be desperate for young players and picks at this point. We had a good run. Not just since 2012 but really since the 05 lockout. We've made the playoffs all but one season. That's pretty crazy to think about.

But because of that we've never drafted inside the top 5 where all the can't miss franchise changing talent is. Let alone within the top 10.

Every legit contender's best players are top 3-5 talent. It's time for us to get some of those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad