TSN: Nashville Aquires James Neal from Pittsburgh for Patric Hornqvist and Nick Spaling

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Great trade for the Preds. After all the talk on how its hard to attract talent to Nashville, I'm really happy for you guys! Here's hoping you guys go far next year.

:)

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
we were having no success in qualifying spaling btw too... cleared a spot and the salary while getting the best player. easy win for us

iwtb*

What a trade for you. If Rinne can play the way he played before the injury, you're a playoff canditate.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
I'll just move my post over here...

Excellent move Poile. Well done.

I was worried about Hornqvist in Lavi's system. Doesn't seem like a good match since Horns isn't the greatest/smartest skater. I'll miss Horny though. One of my favorite Preds

SeventyOneTN

Oct 26, 2009
I wasn't that excited about Neal, and I hate losing Hornqvist. But at this price there was no choice. This is awesome.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
Amazing deal. And we kept our pick. Spaling is easily replaced. And Hornqvist while he was great for is, we know he didn't create much on his own. I can see bourque being the guy who goes in front of the net now.

This is awesome. So so awesome. Neal has one of the best shots in the game. Pure scorer. Wow

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
We keep our pick and D?

extreme_spit_take_zps3caed28d.gif

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
No one can ever say anything bad about Poile again. Hornqvist and a player without a contract who might have been gone anyway? Talk about fleecing a team.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Wow. Big fan of this move. Agree with OP- horny is not a top 6 forward although he is a great guy and has a terrific unique skill set. It's a good trade for both teams as the pens need to morph but horny on a wing for Crosby or malkin doesn't seem....obvious.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I am a bit torn on this. We needed Neal but we needed Horny to clean up Neal's garbage.

Also, we got a class A goon. I mean, I am a Boston fan and I gotta tell you, Neal is too dirty even for me.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I just really don't see James Neal scoring 30+ goals here. I hope I'm wrong.

I've watched Neal in the Atlantic/Metro for a long time and he can score 30+ absolutely anywhere. Malkin inflates his assists more than anything else. His goals; you can't teach a shot like that.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Don't think we really fleeced anybody. Neal's production is going to decline away from Crosby/Malkin, and I would expect Hornqvist's to go up. Neal is a more talented finisher, but he's still not a guy that creates a lot of offense on his own, or necessarily makes the players around him better. A lot will hinge upon Wilson not crapping the bed this season or else us getting a real top 6 center to play with Neal.

I also don't relish having to root for a guy that has thrown the kind of cheapshots he has over the past few seasons, let alone giving up one of our best character guys in return.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Neal needs a playmaking center. He isn't going to create many plays but he can finish them with the best of them. He is kind of a hot head. He mostly isn't dirty but occasionally he will lose it and do something really embarrassing and dirty our there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad